Signals

A place to discuss the studio albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I'm not putting the Rush album down at all, I love it. What I mean is that, due to their youth, they hadn't quite arrived at their own musical style yet and were a little too Led Zep-ish in places. Plus how can you compare John Rutsey to the greatest drummer in the world.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:I'm not putting the Rush album down at all, I love it. What I mean is that, due to their youth, they hadn't quite arrived at their own musical style yet and were a little too Led Zep-ish in places. Plus how can you compare John Rutsey to the greatest drummer in the world.

you don't rutsey is nothing close to neil and enver will be, although greatest, i would say buddy rich had him beat
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

OK, greatest Rock drummer
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i'll drink ( iced tea) to that
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Bear with me folks....bumping this also.

I think this may just be their perfect album.....total energy combined with a certain rawness. I used to say PW was the album for me but this has been dragged out of the cupboard also recently, and, Wal :-D

Listen guys, we'll need to sort out this time difference thing \:D/
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Time difference? But we can't sort that out. It's the differences between us that leave place for us to grow!
Onward and Upward!