2006 Season Super Bowl Picks..It's not too early

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

D'Anconia

2006 Season Super Bowl Picks..It's not too early

Post by D'Anconia »

Denver Broncos over Dallas Cowboys. You heard it here first!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

2 non playoff teams this upcoming season
would be my prediction on that prediction.
:-D

I'll say Panthers over Steelers.
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Preseason almost done and my prediction still stands.[/img]
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I made this post on AMR the other day...
My mid-season baseball predictions are coming true, so I figured I'd try my hand at the NFL...

Reggie Bush will be a flop in the NFL. He played his college ball in one of the weakest conferences in college ball, feasting on the slow, undersized defenses of the PAC-10. Give me a RB who can average 5yds a carry in the SEC over a RB who can average 10yds a carry in the PAC-10 any day.

The Saints will finish the season 2-14. The offense that all the 'experts' believe will light up the scoreboard will struggle to be a top 10 offense in the NFC, and their defense will give up an average of 24 points a game.

The Lions will continue to suck.

Michael Vick, if he stays healthy, will continue to prove that he would make a better WR than he does a QB. Atlanta limps in at 7-9.

TO will blow up in Dallas by week 6.

The Eagles will make the playoffs, revitalized without their cancer of the past two seasons.

Matt Lienart will be thrown to the wolves by week 5.

Vince Young will take his lumps, but unlike Lienart, he won't throw a hissy fit. He will be an emerging star come season's end.

Eli Manning will lead the Giants back to the playoffs, only to lose to the Panthers in the NFC Championship game.

Miami and Indy will be the two front-runners in the AFC, with the Dolphins defense shutting down the Colts in the AFC Championship game.

The Panthers will win a low scoring Super Bowl over the Dolphins.

You heard it here folks.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

by-tor wrote:I made this post on AMR the other day...
My mid-season baseball predictions are coming true, so I figured I'd try my hand at the NFL...

Reggie Bush will be a flop in the NFL. He played his college ball in one of the weakest conferences in college ball, feasting on the slow, undersized defenses of the PAC-10. Give me a RB who can average 5yds a carry in the SEC over a RB who can average 10yds a carry in the PAC-10 any day.

The Saints will finish the season 2-14. The offense that all the 'experts' believe will light up the scoreboard will struggle to be a top 10 offense in the NFC, and their defense will give up an average of 24 points a game.

Michael Vick, if he stays healthy, will continue to prove that he would make a better WR than he does a QB. Atlanta limps in at 7-9.

The Eagles will make the playoffs, revitalized without their cancer of the past two seasons.

Vince Young will take his lumps, but unlike Lienart, he won't throw a hissy fit. He will be an emerging star come season's end.

Eli Manning will lead the Giants back to the playoffs, only to lose to the Panthers in the NFC Championship game.

Miami and Indy will be the two front-runners in the AFC, with the Dolphins defense shutting down the Colts in the AFC Championship game.

You heard it here folks.
Damn by-tor...you should be playin' the ponies and the poker tour too. :razz: lol
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

everything but the Colts getting beat in the title game sounds right.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

by-tor wrote:I made this post on AMR the other day...

You heard it here folks.
No love for the Pats eh? We'll see. The loss of Vinatieri and McGinest should be huge (along with the release of Hank Poteat, cmon Bellichek wtf are you thinking??!!??) it sounds as if this may be a "pause" year where we take a year to rebuild.

Honestly I can say the string from Super Bowl XXXVI to Super Bowl XXXIX (three wins, and a World Series title) has been nice, but I don't think we will be back in either this year, I'm enjoying what I have from years past- because New England/Boston didn't have much prior to that (1986).

Rag me all you want, Im happy now, but I would like to see another title in this town before another 15 years passes.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

You and me both!

Predictions:

AFC

East - Pats
North - Pitt
South - Indy
West - Denver
Wild Card #1 - Jax
Wild Card #2 - KC

NFC

East - Dallas
South - Carolina
North - Minnesota
West - Seattle
Wild Card 1 - Philly
Wild Card 2 - Atlanta

Playoffs
AFC

WC - NE over KC
WC - Jax over Denver
Divisional - Pitt over NE
Divisional - Indy over Jax
AFC Title - Pitt over Indy

NFC

WC - Minn over Atl
WC - Philly over Dallas
Divisional - Carolina over Philly
Divisional - Seattle over Minn
NFC Title - Carolina over Seattle

SB 41:

Carolina 34 Pitt 17
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Middle Kingdom wrote:You and me both!

Predictions:

AFC

East - Pats
North - Pitt
South - Indy
West - Denver
Wild Card #1 - Jax
Wild Card #2 - KC

NFC

East - Dallas
South - Carolina
North - Minnesota
West - Seattle
Wild Card 1 - Philly
Wild Card 2 - Atlanta

Playoffs
AFC

WC - NE over KC
WC - Jax over Denver
Divisional - Pitt over NE
Divisional - Indy over Jax
AFC Title - Pitt over Indy

NFC

WC - Minn over Atl
WC - Philly over Dallas
Divisional - Carolina over Philly
Divisional - Seattle over Minn
NFC Title - Carolina over Seattle

SB 41:

Carolina 34 Pitt 17
no love for the 'skins again this year? eh, they could make it.... when monkeys fly outta my butt. :razz:
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I'm hoping they get in,
but after that woeful pre season, especially a 41-0
spanking by the Pats, I'm a little less thrilled with them right now.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Middle Kingdom wrote:I'm hoping they get in,
but after that woeful pre season, especially a 41-0
spanking by the Pats, I'm a little less thrilled with them right now.
know-whatchya-mean there dude...me too....but alas, I still have parents that are RABID 'skins fans....I take a beating at every game I watch with them...My old man calls me a traitor for rooting for the Colts (after they left Bo'mo' that dark snowy night in '84...) oy vey
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Pitt over Indy in the title game, why don't you suck a fart out of my butthole MK!!! :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Pitt over Indy in the title game, why don't you suck a fart out of my butthole MK!!! :-D :razz:
oh damn I didn't even SEE it....SMACKDOWN! time :roll:

*Irish whips MK into the neutral turnbuckle*
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Guess my Steeler / Panther prediction is out.

So maybe Indy - NE ?
:-D

man we'd have to have a shirt on the line for the winner if
that happens.