Heroes

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Heroes

Post by PV »

Did anyone else check this show out last night? :shock: What a wild, crazy, amazing show this is going to be!

If anyone missed it, and is interested in seeing it, they are rerunning the first episode again tonight, Tuesday, at 8:00 on NBC.

Okay, for those of you who DID see it, let's talk! :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

While I may never hear "Mustang Sally" in the same way again :oops: I enjoyed the show. :) I really liked the Japanese guy (Hiro?) and did anybody else find the cheerleader just a bit creepy?
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Mini

Post by Mini »

I hid my face when the cheerleader shoved her hand down the GARBAGE DISPOSAL *shudder*

I'd lurve to have that power though...

the Japanese guy is funny XD
A friend will bail you out of jail.
A BEST friend will be sitting next to you saying "Man, that was AWESOME!"
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Newp, missed it. :(
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I missed it.
What is the point of these folks having these
powers? or will that be the crux of the series?
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Middle Kingdom wrote:I missed it.
What is the point of these folks having these
powers? or will that be the crux of the series?
Sorry you missed it, MK. :( Perhaps you will be tempted to check it out and we can get you caught up. :)

We don't yet know why these people are gaining their powers. I imagine they will be saving the world somehow and for some reason. Anyway, The father of one of the characters was doing research that was beginning to reveal that people are genetically altering to the point of having super human powers. *jump around the globe, during a total solar eclipse, to show each of the main characters discovering, in veeeery interesting, and sometimes comical, ways that they now can fly, heal themselves, teleport, stop time, etc...* There are more characters to come but they haven't been revealed to us yet. I am assuming we will meet them next week. :-)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

It got a lousy review in the local Portland OR paper, but I watched it and liked it. So far I'm hooked.

At one point in the show I thought to myself that they need to give some props to the X-men. The cheerleader's superpower is the same as Wolverine's. They later came through with a direct reference to X-men issue 143. Way to go!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

I have to catch the next episode then.
This space for rent
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

I missed episode 2 (d'oh!) but fortunately it is up on iTunes so I shelled out the $1.99 to watch it. Fantastic! It was worth the money. Next time I'll remember to set the DVR and watch it for free, though.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Walkinghairball

I did finally get to see the second episode. I liked it.

I just wish I would have seen the first one. Oh well, re-runs won't be too far away.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

This series freaking rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
This space for rent
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I haven't seen this week's episode yet but Mini told me it was wild! She was so frustrated with the cliff hanger ending.

The cheerleader is really freaking me out! That whole waking up on the autopsy table was wild! :shock: And what is up with her dad?? Is he Silas?? :?

I guess I'm just going to have to go watch the tape!
Walkinghairball

Yeah, and the flight was sooooooooooooooooooocool.
I am really liking the characters too. But the blonde chick is a hard read.

It will kick much ass when the season gets to DVD.
This space for rent
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

PV wrote:The cheerleader is really freaking me out! That whole waking up on the autopsy table was wild! :shock: And what is up with her dad?? Is he Silas?? :?

She is too freaky! I'm trying to figure out why she is the crux of the show (Save the cheerleader, save the world!) and I am wondering if it's the dude with her dad that's Sylar.
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Walkinghairball

Panacea wrote:
PV wrote:The cheerleader is really freaking me out! That whole waking up on the autopsy table was wild! :shock: And what is up with her dad?? Is he Silas?? :?

She is too freaky! I'm trying to figure out why she is the crux of the show (Save the cheerleader, save the world!) and I am wondering if it's the dude with her dad that's Sylar.

Well we don't know yet for sure why the cheerleader is so important to the worlds survival, but we are watching a comic book unfold. With that, remember this: comic books can do anything, and take you anywhere. :-D
This space for rent