Vampire Lovers.....Twilight?

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

rushlight wrote: I'm just patiently waiting for the next Sookie Stackhouse book. Cygnus, have you read any of the books yet?
Hi RL!

Nope...I'm afraid I'll get hooked, and we don't wanna spoil True Blood
season 2!

BOOYEAH!

We can't wait, and hope it's a splatterfest. :twisted:

Got any "V?" :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

You won't be disappointed. There's a whole lot more than the first book. :-D
I love my Welshman.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

rushlight wrote:You won't be disappointed. There's a whole lot more than the first book. :-D
SuhWEEET! 8)
schuette

Post by schuette »

so we now onto a different author and book...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Vampire Lovers.....True Blood? LOL
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

What the.... heckyeah, t! :headbang:

"Twilight" is not the only bloodsucking entertainment in town,
yaknow. :cool:

Unless of course, your mom and dad won't let you watch "True Blood"...

And rightfully so. It's much too sexy, intense and "splattery" for young
By-torian offspring.

It's for, like...adults, dude.

You might even get shit'cherpants skeered if'n ya ain't careful. :shock: 8)
schuette

Post by schuette »

true blood certainly isnt the only vampire film...can name shitloads...but this is the Twilight thread...

gonna just start your own fucking thread if your gonna deviate..plz

yeah im drunk so im gonna jump all over yous :razz:
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Well..twilight doesn't really go anywhere for me. It's basically a gloomy teen looking at a beautiful looking guy, figuring out what's special about and acting all weird. I'm curious to look at new moon but part of me doesn't want to if Bella is just going to moan all the time.
I love my Welshman.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I've read all 4 books and ive enjoyed them...as for being a teen thing...Im 42 and I really enjoyed the series
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

schuette wrote:true blood certainly isnt the only vampire film...can name shitloads...but this is the Twilight thread...

gonna just start your own fucking thread if your gonna deviate..plz

yeah im drunk so im gonna jump all over yous :razz:
Thanks for the beatdown Schu.

Can I brush myself off now...Can I now?

Och...kickmebeatmemakemefeelcheap! 8)

You know True Blood kicks ass.

We're talking TV-MA versus PG-13...

Are you kidding? It's a slam dunk.

Damn that was good - Can I call ya tomorrow? :-D :oops:

If you'll excuse me, I'll be taking my leave now.

Here's your thread back...

***POOF***
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I thought it best to respond since I likened my own son to Twilight's Edward (sorry Schu).

My youngest daughter asked me to download the film just before xmas and as I was bored one night I gave it a go and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.
What began the phenomenon for me was downloading the soundtrack album, seeking one song in particular that caught my ear, a moving acoustic number (during the meal scene) by someone called Robert Pattinson..? Wow, did a Wikipedia and discovered he's not only the lead actor but a singer/song writer..most impressed with the song of his 'Never Think' and of course the iTunes only bonus track 'Let Me Sign', good stuff.
I wasn't aware of the books at all I must admit but I downloaded all four (via pdf format) and read them all during a bout of the flu at xmas. Despite the obvious intended audience I did enjoy them and mentioned them to the wife...who watched the film...and my life was never the same since :-)
The wife bought all four books, watched the film endlessly with both daughters and they all swoon over Edward of course. My woman's almost forty five and lusts after Edward as much as you Schu, she even asked me if I minded her new obsession, lol indeed, I am not that insecure.
Anyway, I finally downloaded an American version of the Twilight DVD (three weeks before it came out here), a blue ray rip of the same movie and a true HD blue ray version (8 gig) that only plays on Josh's pPS3...finally for Easter I went out and bought her the bloody thing! To be honest I'm sick of the film, the books and even the songs now :-)
Still, looking forward to the second movie and of course 'Midnight Sun' if it's ever released. Schu, did you ever find the partial draft that was leaked of 'Midnight Sun' (the fifth book)? Not the first chapter available on Stephenie Meyers website but the 264 page version? If not give me a shout and I'll mail it to you :-) .

Personally I have and love all of the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles :-)
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Personally I have and love all of the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles :-)
Now yer talking Vampires brogg!!!! :-D
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Talking of Vampire movies...

I urge you all to see 'Let The Right One In', trust me on this.

"Let the Right One In also known as Let Me In, is a 2004 vampire fiction novel by Swedish writer John Ajvide Lindqvist.
The story centers on the relationship between a 13-year-old boy, Oskar, and a 200-year-old vampire child, Eli. It takes place in Blackeberg, a working class suburb of Stockholm, in the early '80s. The book focuses on the darker side of humanity, dealing with issues such as bullying, drugs, theft, pedophilia, prostitution and murder as well as the obvious supernatural themes..."

"The film received widespread international critical acclaim and won numerous awards, including the "Founders Award for Best Narrative Feature" at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival and the European Fantastic Film Festivals Federation's 2008 M?li?s d'Or for the "Best European Fantastic Feature Film" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_The_Right_One_In
schuette

Post by schuette »

Ogg wrote: Still, looking forward to the second movie and of course 'Midnight Sun' if it's ever released. Schu, did you ever find the partial draft that was leaked of 'Midnight Sun' (the fifth book)? Not the first chapter available on Stephenie Meyers website but the 264 page version? If not give me a shout and I'll mail it to you :-) .
you mail me that and I'll email you the other songs of Rob Pattinson that I've got :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Twilight....we now have a Twilight store opening in Port Angeles. And there are Twilight tours in Forks. And places where the movie was filmed are seeing tourism from it.

I never expected so much fanatacism from it. But, then again, I thought it was cool driving through St. Cats. LOL