Atlas Shrugged

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Atlas Shrugged

Post by awip2062 »

I suppose you all have heard that the first part of Atlas Shrugged came out as a movie on 15 April. Has anyone here, other than myself, seen the movie yet?

I found the movie to be pretty good as far as following the book, but quite condensed. Many of the people they got to portray the characters looked as I had imagined them, and that is odd for me, usually I don't see them in my mind's eye as the movie people do.

I always stay to watch the credits and was pleasantly surprised to find Ronnie James Dio's name listed in the Special Thanks section! Apparently he helped secure fnancing for the movie. Oddly, though, no mention of Neil or Rush and if I were to expect a musican or band to be mentioned it would have been them.
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Haven't seen it, might watch it. I am not exactly sure what I could glean from it however to justify the time.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ummmmmm...the Dagny chick is kinda pretty. ;-) LOL
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sigette and I are going soon.

The way I understand it, many tried to block this movie from ever being
released.

That in itself makes me want to see it that much MORE.
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah, alot of people are ticked about it calling it Tea Party propoganda lol As if Rand would ever have been involved in the Tea Party!

Just a note...if one has not read the book, things may not be too clear on a few points at the end of this movie. That is because it is a three part book and this movie is just part one of the book. My husband has some questions and thought he was missing something but I assured him that were he reading Atlas he would have those same questions at this point.

I am thinking I may fill him in on the rest of the book, but am not sure yet. After all, I haven't told him how the Potter story ends :evil:
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I hope to see it.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Know what is sad? I had to ask Ogg if he had seen it over on Facebook. :-( He doesn't live here anymore.
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

ive no idea what your talking about...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ayn Rand wrote the novel Atlas Shrugged as a way to get her philosophy out for people to understand, as she did The Fountainhead and Anthem. Atlas is now a movie out in theaters here in the US. I don't know if it will be playing in the UK.
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

dont think it'll be played over here...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Well Ogg is gonna get hold of it and I am sure he could help you out if you wanted to see it ;-)
Onward and Upward!