The Rant Room!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bitch to yer heart's content! :)

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Soup4Rush wrote:I know how you feel.. When i drop off my bile for maintence they want to keep it to work on it.. I want to ride it... I was thinking about buying a second bike.. Maybe you could buy a second bass.. That would fix that problem
Wow, that machine must be crap.
Thunder take you!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Soup4Rush wrote:I know how you feel.. When i drop off my bile for maintence they want to keep it to work on it.. I want to ride it... I was thinking about buying a second bike.. Maybe you could buy a second bass.. That would fix that problem
Been considering that, currently I did manage to get in back in 'playing shape' and a little beyond with the truss rod, but I had to use a lot more force than I would have liked. I can't get a second bass right now, I have a 7 being built and that is pretty much the years budget, I want a lot away at years end as my Master's will be drawing closed. I also need to buy wedding rings (figure 2k, gold what it is hers qas quoted 1k a year ago, probably 1.3 or so now, 2k is far upper bound I don't want nothing fancy but mens rings are bigger in general = more gold... blech.) and fund the ceremony (small civic ceremony to save cash ~300-400$)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I wake up with a clogged head, fever, and yellow secretions and since I work with immunocompromised individuals I realize I need to stay home being contagious at this point so I call in to work knowing no one will be in the office but being required to call in at least two hours before my first shift and figuring I can speak to the answering service as I did before when Dove had the flu and I needed to stay home to take her to the doctor and they can work at replacing me for my shifts. BUT! I get a recording telling me the office is closed and I need to call the company's main line (the one I had called ARGH!) to get the answering service. It says I can leave a message in the voicemail box of whomever and they will get it the next business day and so I left a message in the scheduler's voicemail. I tried calling again to see if maybe, just maybe, if I held the line something would happen and at the end of evwrything the phone rings again six times and then tells me whatever mailbox that was for is full and hangs up on me :-/ All I want to do is speak to the answering service the recording tells me
I should be getting!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

You did what you had to do, t.

Did you ever get through?

At least YOU were responsible and held up YOUR end of the agreement.

BTW - get some rest and I hope you feel better soon (((((t)))))
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I called a total of seven times between 0530 and 0745. The person I finally got was not the answering service and said they were going to look in to why I could not get anyone to answer.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Somebody's sleepin' at the switch over there, huh?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

CygnusX1 wrote:Somebody's sleepin' at the switch over there, huh?

A former air traffic controller mayhaps???? :razz:
This space for rent
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Rant Subject: Auto-Tune

I caught part of a documentary mentioning pitch modification software.

I understand the desire to sing without sounding like Geddy Lee on his deathbed, but PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT. Some people even use it while performing live. If your vocals are THAT suckish, you need a new singer.
Thunder take you!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Funny thing . . . having a sucky vocalist never stopped BTO!!!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Or RATT....

Worst vocalist everrrrr-ruh.

Well, in my humble opinion of course.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Raiden wrote:Rant Subject: Auto-Tune

I caught part of a documentary mentioning pitch modification software.

I understand the desire to sing without sounding like Geddy Lee on his deathbed, but PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT. Some people even use it while performing live. If your vocals are THAT suckish, you need a new singer.
I can quote for truth a certain country singer that uses AutoTune EVERY time she performs so she NEVER hits a bum note...
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

I see that as cheating.
Thunder take you!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Raiden wrote:I see that as cheating.
And that's exactly the same reason she left her Mutt of a husband.

(and there's your hint as to who it is)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Shania? :shock: NO WAY! :shock: :roll:

Oh man, what a icepick-in-the-forehead. :cry:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I thought she left Mutt because hecheated on her with someone who had been one of her good friends. :?
Onward and Upward!