shit shit piss shit!!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

^^^

Same from the northeast, Rushlight.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

rushlight wrote:Hell, tell me about it.

I'm sorry I haven't written. I've been through the emotions. Now I have accepted what is coming.

I knew there was something wrong when I started feeling tired even though I haven't done anything. There are other times when I feel like I'm in overdrive. Today I'm in tired mode. When the doctor told me what they found, it took a few minutes to sink in. Then I cried, told family members the news and went into my room to cry and hug my sheep doll.

My parents took me out to eat to cheer me up. I was pretty much a mess but I didn't want to cry in public. The main thing was calling and telling family members the news. Especially Devil's Advocate. I called his home and his mom was very supportive. She took the phone to him and I told him and he calmed me down while I cried more.

Days that followed, I've been preparing. I am meeting the surgeon on August 27th and he will tell me when the day arrives. Heck this could be my last saturday before hospital. I don't know. I don't remember how it went the last time. I got the time off of work even though it is a temp job. Both the temp agency and assigned place told me my health is first and I will be back at the assigned place when I recover. I went out with my mom to get a few things like a robe, slippers, and books since I was at the hospital a week when they did the surgery before. Devil's Advocate wanted to be here but he was just here for May/June and he'll pretty much be on his own here while I'm out of it.

I don't know if they'll do another biopsy or stick me in a tube to get pictures. The doctor believes it is still benign. The older I get, more lumps could come, my thyroid is permanently broken, and it could turn malignant. So he reassured me I'll be all right.

Thanks for the well wishes and reassurances guys. Everybody has been doing that. My parents are prepared to keep D.A. notified. I'll give you an update after Wednesday. I've been finding reassurance in Doctor Who adventures too. If he can face the worst enemies, I'm ready to face this again.
*choke* I hope you defeat this enemy RL. I will be thinking positive thoughts about you as well.

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hey RushLight..................................Hope all is well there in Hurricane country.

And anyone else this is getting to.
This space for rent
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Hey guys. Just giving you some updates.

Thank you Hairy. I'm doing well. I have a sister in houston who is having the tough time but they are trying to get back on track. She and her family were not prepared enough when the hurricane hit. The tough part is getting water, electricity and food that hasn't spoiled. She can't come here either because of her work. She hasn't called in a few days so we hope she'll be doing better.

As for me, I met the surgeon and he felt where these cysts are located. I will have a full thyroidectomy, taking the thyroid and every bad thing in it. Since I had biopsies and they come out benign, he believes the lumps are still benign but you never know. One can have signs of malignancy but he's in good spirits that I will do well. Since his schedule is book for september, I have surgery October 16th. I have to leave work since it's a temp job but they'll welcome me back when I recover. Only risks the doctor says can happen are bruising my vocal chords or injuring certain vessels that control calcium levels.

I'll have more updates just before I leave for the hospital.
I love my Welshman.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

So all is well well sort of.

Ok kiddo, hold in there and kick 'em where they live. You know what I mean.

*Hugs* RL.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sounds like things are as well as they can be, good! :-D
Onward and Upward!
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

This is it. I leave tomorrow early to get there by 6:30am. Everything is prepared and I'm scared but I guess that's normal for anybody getting surgery. Goodbye for now guys.
I love my Welshman.
Walkinghairball

Not goodbye damnit...................................... just so long till then.

Goodbye sucks.

Stick it in thier neck RL. :twisted:
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I know some of you are aware that my mom had a massive heart attack followed by quadruple bypass surgery 8 weeks ago. Since then she has appeared to have been doing very well, recovery going better than expected.

I found out this evening that she is back in the hospital and will be going into surgery again in the morning. Apparently the bone sutures have become rather infected. My mom is a stubborn old goat, and she didn't tell the doctor she was having problems. Things have gotten bad to the point that they are going to go in and try to mop things up, but they won't know how bad things are until they go in.

She told my sister on the phone that she is ready to go to heaven. I hope that's not the case.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I pray for the full recovery of your mom Zep. Stubborn moms ROCK.
Mine is stuborn too. God bless 'em! :-D

As well, I'm waiting for some (hopefully) good news with the test results
of my best friend's first round of chemo.

He's got an infection and fever he's trying to kick from the chemo weakening his immunity.

I'm keeping fingers crossed for both Zep's mom and my best friend.

Get well soon you two.
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

rushlight wrote:This is it. I leave tomorrow early to get there by 6:30am. Everything is prepared and I'm scared but I guess that's normal for anybody getting surgery. Goodbye for now guys.
My prayers are with you.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

zepboy wrote:
rushlight wrote:This is it. I leave tomorrow early to get there by 6:30am. Everything is prepared and I'm scared but I guess that's normal for anybody getting surgery. Goodbye for now guys.
My prayers are with you.
Oh geez, I didn't see RL's post.

Sorry 'bout that girl! You're prolly in surgery now, but know that we're
waiting to hear back from you - so hurry up already! :-D

I'm kidding RL. (((((RL))))) We're here when you get back.

And you WILL be back. :)

Be sure to let us know how it went, and get well soon kid.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Transmitting good karma to all, but especially to RL, Zep's Mom and Cyg's bud.

(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Ditto! Much hugs, love, and prayers heading their way...
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...