Is Global Warming a Sin?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

*farts*

Nope.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Here is a very interesting graph.

Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Here is a very interesting graph.

I'll bet AL GORE gathered that data....heeheeheeheehee
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Sorry guys, but his Al-ness has requested that I commit an act of civil disobedience against your mockery of global warming! :-D :-D :-D

*storms the thread and unplugs it, thus saving energy for future generations*
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:Here is a very interesting graph.

Yar, you be have scamperred upon our secret. I be trying to recruit but this graph do be all but unknownst. *sings a song of sixpence*

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

From the Anchorage Daily News
Two hundred years of glacial shrinkage in Alaska, and then came the winter and summer of 2007-2008.

Unusually large amounts of winter snow were followed by unusually chill temperatures in June, July and August.

"In mid-June, I was surprised to see snow still at sea level in Prince William Sound," said U.S. Geological Survey glaciologist Bruce Molnia. "On the Juneau Icefield, there was still 20 feet of new snow on the surface of the Taku Glacier in late July. At Bering Glacier, a landslide I am studying, located at about 1,500 feet elevation, did not become snow free until early August.

"In general, the weather this summer was the worst I have seen in at least 20 years."

Never before in the history of a research project dating back to 1946 had the Juneau Icefield witnessed the kind of snow buildup that came this year. It was similar on a lot of other glaciers too.

"It's been a long time on most glaciers where they've actually had positive mass balance," Molnia said.
I dunno about you, but I blame Governor Paliln! :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

So SHE is the one who messed up my nice summer trip to Alaska with all that cold?

*grumbles about white women*

She must be a Jinn!
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This is interesting. A US Senate Commitee on Enivironment and Public Works report entitled UN Blowback: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims.

Excerpts:
Set for release this week, a newly updated U.S. Senate Minority Report features the dissenting voices of over 650 international scientists, many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN.
The U.S. Senate report is the latest evidence of the growing groundswell of scientific opposition rising to challenge the UN and Gore. Scientific meetings are now being dominated by a growing number of skeptical scientists.

?Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly?.As a scientist I remain skeptical.? - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called ?among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.?
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm? ... 9faf4dcdb7
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

off topic here but your spider sinks perfectly beat for beat with 'is there love in space (satchmo)
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Louie Armstrong never said that.....................did he????
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:Louie Armstrong never said that.....................did he????
sorry,satriani satchmo, not armstrong satchmo, odd that this confusion has never occurred before.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Well my understanding is that the original "Satchmo" is the one and only Louie Armstrong. "Satchmo" is his given nickname from the jazz community. It is short for "Satchel Mouth."
This derogatory-sounding moniker was actually a compliment that referred to his generous mouth (which was also reported to be quite dirty). Some say his nickname stemmed from his wide, infectious grin, while others state it was a nickname he earned in band class as his cheeks blew up when he played the cornet.

Regardless, "Satchmo" was coined during a 1932 trip to London when a magazine editor greeted Armstrong with "Hello, Satchmo." Armstrong liked the shortened version of his nickname so much he used it as an album title. It stuck. As we learned from our research, Louis was also called "Pops."
And when you Google Satchmo all you get is Louie Armstrong.

I also thought that the nickname "Satch", referred to Joe Satriani. From the song titled, "Satch Boogie."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=satch+boogie

Clear? :-D
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I got ya, but I've heard both for satch, the satch probably drawing the satchmo, and all that jazz. so as long as we both be understandin there is no reason for this to get messy :P
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

^^^^^^^^^
Dude, you sound like a scientist!!!!

Professor hairball!!! :-D :twisted:
Walkinghairball

Sir Myghin wrote:I got ya, but I've heard both for satch, the satch probably drawing the satchmo, and all that jazz. so as long as we both be understandin there is no reason for this to get messy :P
All I understand is that you have been officially Pwned by the Hairball. :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :razz:

Zep........... :lol: ...............Professor hairball... :D .....heh, hardly but thanks. :-D

*Side note*............. I maxed my Jazz history class in College, and had all the extra credit points also. :) :P

Hey wait a minute, Satch stole Satchmo from Louie, I think the Armstrong Estate should Sue him!!!! :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Messy, how is knowledge messy?

And just as a final thinger to this...............I love "What a Wonderful World."...............Louie is the man!!!
This space for rent