HOW 'BOUT THEM COLTS!!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

ESPN power rankings came out today.. Pats #1 Colts #2. Did the Colts loose a football game today?? I thought we were still the champs?? The Pats sign a has been and a never was and all of a sudden they are winning a super bowl, have not even played a down. Ask Dan Snyder about all his washed up free agents. :roll:
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:ESPN power rankings came out today.. Pats #1 Colts #2. Did the Colts loose a football game today?? I thought we were still the champs?? The Pats sign a has been and a never was and all of a sudden they are winning a super bowl, have not even played a down. Ask Dan Snyder about all his washed up free agents. :roll:
Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me Soupie.

Taken as a whole this offseason the losses the Colts incurred plus the signings the Pats made I think is why ESPN made that distinction- not harping, just pointing out what I think.

Plus, does it matter? Its the offseason- have a beer and chill. :cool:

EDIT- beer has 2 e's....Im such a dullard.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

these guys just don't learn, what do all the teams that win championships have in common, teamwork and chemistry. I mean look how far the Pats went last year, AFC title game and 1 bad half away from the Super Bowl, with really no superstars, just chemistry and teamwork. Thats why I am so blown away that the Pats picked up Moss, He is everything the Pats are not. Its like they threw everything that won them three rings out the window. I still think Moss will wreck your lockerroom. He is selfish, lazy, arrogant and does whatever the hell he wants. people say well thats only because he was in Oakland, Hell he said he plays when he wants to play and that was in Minnesota when they were winning.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:ESPN power rankings came out today.. Pats #1 Colts #2. Did the Colts loose a football game today?? I thought we were still the champs?? The Pats sign a has been and a never was and all of a sudden they are winning a super bowl, have not even played a down. Ask Dan Snyder about all his washed up free agents. :roll:
Somebody say DAN SNYDER??? :twisted: :roll:

That's a dirty word here. :P

Hey Soup....check this out:

Portis talking big

Ryan O'Halloran

May 11 2007 11:47AM

Clinton Portis is ready to go: "I actually think this will be our year. We're going to be in the NFC championship game. I guarantee that." READ MORE

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blogs/to ... edskins360
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:these guys just don't learn, what do all the teams that win championships have in common, teamwork and chemistry. I mean look how far the Pats went last year, AFC title game and 1 bad half away from the Super Bowl, with really no superstars, just chemistry and teamwork. Thats why I am so blown away that the Pats picked up Moss, He is everything the Pats are not. Its like they threw everything that won them three rings out the window. I still think Moss will wreck your lockerroom. He is selfish, lazy, arrogant and does whatever the hell he wants. people say well thats only because he was in Oakland, Hell he said he plays when he wants to play and that was in Minnesota when they were winning.
Lets look at his contract- 1 year, $3M (w/ a chance at $5M), and a clause that states if he starts his routine we can cut him.

Wheres the risk?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

How about divided locker room. Yeah sure you can cut him if he starts his trouble, but some people will be pro Moss and con Moss. Chemistry is the most important thing, He is a cancer, always has been, that is why he was not a high draft pick coming out of college. I dislike the Pats believe me, but it is a class football team who has always done the right thing. He is a cancer. I can say for 100% I would have been sickend had the Colts picked him up. Is he really worth 1000 yds and 8 touchdowns. If he even gets that. Hell your receivers were not stars but they were good and another year together would have made them better. I think Stallworth will work out for you guys if he can stay healthy and that kid from the Ravens was an awesome pickup, but Moss :? We will see. I expected better from Belichek and company.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:How about divided locker room. Yeah sure you can cut him if he starts his trouble, but some people will be pro Moss and con Moss. Chemistry is the most important thing, He is a cancer, always has been, that is why he was not a high draft pick coming out of college. I dislike the Pats believe me, but it is a class football team who has always done the right thing. He is a cancer. I can say for 100% I would have been sickend had the Colts picked him up. Is he really worth 1000 yds and 8 touchdowns. If he even gets that. Hell your receivers were not stars but they were good and another year together would have made them better. I think Stallworth will work out for you guys if he can stay healthy and that kid from the Ravens was an awesome pickup, but Moss :? We will see. I expected better from Belichek and company.
To quote my Shakespeare teacher:

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"

I think maybe the fact that the Patswerethisclose to the Super Bowl last year made them rethink and make damn sure they get there this year at any cost.

It will be interesting to say the least.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

*wonders if Portis is talking shit* :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Hey Z, you know I got nothing but love for you Chowds, but I truly hope the wheels fall of your bus. nothing personal and I am sure you wish me the same. Now if the Colts should get knocked out of the playoffs or don't make it, I will be rooting for you.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Hey Z, you know I got nothing but love for you Chowds, but I truly hope the wheels fall of your bus. nothing personal and I am sure you wish me the same. Now if the Colts should get knocked out of the playoffs or don't make it, I will be rooting for you.
No, been on the rock far too long to know that sports is entertainment, and its not going to solve world hunger. *shrug* If the wheels do fall off our bus its going to be spectacular.

I was happy Peyton got his ring, I know he's a great quarterback- but half the world felt he wasn't that good.

EDITED - for clarity
Last edited by YYZ30 on Fri May 18, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

damn, I hate it when you say nice things to me while talking football smack :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:damn, I hate it when you say nice things to me while talking football smack :-D :razz:
Why? Peyton is good- not my fault some of the press are mushheads.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Yeah Z, but you are supposed to be talking trash... did the Colts knock it outta you last year or somethin?? :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

They were the better team :-D
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

fuck off :razz: :-D
Happy 2015!