Porcupine Tree .

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

:roll: So I rounded off. Don't they teach that over where you live? *wink*

As for Alex...I just don't know what it is with all of you people here. It's always about Alex or Geddy or Neil. You lot are just nutters!

hehe
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Here you go! Have at it! If you haven't already... :cool:

Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the US leg of the Fear of a Blank Planet tour:

Tue 08 May - SEATTLE, WA - SHOWBOX
Wed 09 May - PORTLAND, OR - ALADDIN
Fri 11 May - SAN FRANCISCO, CA - WARFIELD
Sat 12 May - LOS ANGELES, CA - AVALON
Sun 13 May - ANAHEIM, CA - GROVE OF ANAHEIM
Tue 15 May - BOULDER, CO - FOX THEATRE
Thu 17 May - CHICAGO, IL - PARK WEST
Fri 18 May - CLEVELAND, OH - HOUSE OF BLUES
Sat 19 May - NY, NY - NOKIA THEATER :-D
Tue 22 May - BALTIMORE, MD - RAM?S HEAD
Wed 23 May - PHILADELPHIA, PA - ELECTRIC FACTORY :-D
Fri 25 May - BOSTON, MA - ROXY
Sat 26 May - MONTREAL - SPECTRUM DE MONTREAL
Sun 27 May - QUEBEC - SALLE ALBERT - ROUSSEAU
Mon 28 May - TORONTO, ON - DANFORTH MUSIC HALL
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
rushfanfla

Post by rushfanfla »

Great new interview with Steven Wilson - includes clips of songs from the new album and Steven explaining how it was conceived.

http://wms-eu.stream.aol.com/timeinc/uk ... erview.mp3
schuette

Post by schuette »

your avatar is scary lol
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I couldnae resist, honestly I couldnae.
I found two more leaked tracks from the new album so thats four I have the now...of six, lol. Besides the title track and 'Sleep Together' I now have the mellow 'My Ashes' and the amazing 'Way Out Of Here' (a personal highlight from the 'myspace' preview).
Still, less than three weeks the now... :-)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Can't wait for this new cd! :-D My and RushFan's tix for the NYC show came in the mail so we are good to go there! Wahoo! I hope the weather is better than for the Blackfield show. Can you say "icestorm"? :shock: But seeing how it's May, our chances are good! :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
rushfanfla

Post by rushfanfla »

Ogg - here's Anesthetize, featuring Mr. Lifeson:

http://media.putfile.com/anesthetize

:cool:
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Ogg wrote:Fri Feb 02, 2007 3. Anesthetize (17.42)
Seventeen friggin minutes plus!!! :-D
rushfanfla wrote:Ogg - here's Anesthetize, featuring Mr. Lifeson:
http://media.putfile.com/anesthetize
:cool:
Wow!.......................................................................................Wow!
Jaw dropping track, what more can I say? Sincere thanks rushfanfla. Utterly amazing epic, everything and more I was hoping for. The Alex part is cool as ****. Wow! again. Thankyou.

I was discussing this with t earlier this week. I am a tit! Just goes to show how much self-discipline I have. I only had 'Anesthetize' and 'Sentimental' to hear but I was hoping to be able to hold out until my copy arrives.
Kinda hit me that I've ruined the whole thing to be honest mate, genuine excitment for an album's release (so rare to find these days) yet I ruin the anticipation by jumping on any download available, however bad the quality. Still, one track remaining. I could download them the now but I'm fighting it! Ironic that the album lyrics address this very issue.

Still, what a track.
Here's hoping Rush will deliver...
rushfanfla

Post by rushfanfla »

Happy to hear you enjoyed that Ogg. I've got the whole album now and I think that this may be my favorite of the new releases.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

rushfanfla wrote:Happy to hear you enjoyed that Ogg. I've got the whole album now and I think that this may be my favorite of the new releases.
Aye, I have the entire album the now mate (from four different sources no less) but I'm refusing to play it until my pre-ordered copy arrives. Of course I heard it a good few times. 'Anesthetize' is awesome but as of now my fav' is 'Way Out of Here'.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Well, that's it for that album. The net is flooded with copies so no excuses for anyone not to have a listen. One to buy...and I have :-D . I'm certainly not making the same mistake with the new Rush though. One of the, if not THE album of 2007...so far! Just dont ruin the anticipation by hearing shite versions first.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Marn went out and bought us "Fear of a Blank Planet" after she brought lunch to my work.

I will be spinning a groove thru this CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This space for rent
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Just have your anti-depressants handy, Hairy! Or else follow up a PT listen with a Rush jam. The show is rapidly approaching! May 19th in Times Square! Wooohoooo!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

How can one get depressed while listening to a drumming monster like Gavin Harrison??????

Man, that dude can play.
This space for rent
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Oh no kidding, Hairy! He's incredible! It's just the whole overtone of the album... *hides sharp objects*