Cellphones and free ringtones

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I CAN'T MAKE THIS DAMN THING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x
This space for rent
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Some phone carriers (like Nextel, Boot Mobile and Telus) have disabled the ability to use downloaded songs as ringtones on their phones. If you have one of these phones, sorry, but you're out of luck with ringtones until your carrier changes their policy.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Nope it's Verizon and paid for by work........that is why I don't want to pay for anything. And most of the ways I have to get that ringtone onnit. I have to go into a web page with the phone.......that cost's money. I don't want work to come down on me when they just got the thing for me.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Did you try having the site send it to you as a wap file?

I got some cool tones off there. The one I am currently using for me general ringer made Bear laugh. It's Yoda. lol
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:Did you try having the site send it to you as a wap file?
I don't speak Italian. :razz: :lol:

What is a WAP file???
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:

What is a WAP file???
I don't-a know. You don't-a know? Whatsamattayou?
Walkinghairball

I haven't forgotten your offer either Zed, just searching out all my options.

Fuggettaboutit. :cool:
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

Hey t, I tried the WAP thinger and I would have to go to the site with my phone...........again, not an option I can use.

Thanks though.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Walkinghairball wrote:

What is a WAP file???
No, no, no, thems WOPs (WithOut Papers), silly.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Hey t, I tried the WAP thinger and I would have to go to the site with my phone...........again, not an option I can use.

Thanks though.
I don't ged why you need to go with your phone. I just input my phone number and carrier and the site sent me the ringtones.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Hey t, I tried the WAP thinger and I would have to go to the site with my phone...........again, not an option I can use.

Thanks though.
I don't ged why you need to go with your phone. I just input my phone number and carrier and the site sent me the ringtones.
It sent it fine, I just can't seem to retrieve it to where it needs to go to work as the ringtone. I am not tech-savvy enough I guess? :oops:

I think I will call Verizon and have them do it for me.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I guess I have it easy. I got a text message, went to the link, dl'd the file, clicked on "set as ringtone" and was done.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:I guess I have it easy. I got a text message, went to the link, dl'd the file, clicked on "set as ringtone" and was done.
But you have no problem with the fact you are going to pay for the internet on your phone. My phone is supplied to me by my work, and they ask that I don't add to the charges. Otherwise this would not be an issue at all.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ah, I didn't know you didn't have texting. We have an unlimited family package that E, Bear, and I all chip in to.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Well, I can text, but limited..........as to not jack up the bill. See there are like 8 or 9 phones on the plan.

Gotta be real easy with that stuff.
This space for rent