Jacobs Ladder

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Or not. I am sitting in a chair, so I think THAT is most likely what I am on.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

*splits Siggy's side with wit*

you're 2 kewl.... :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

CygnusX1 wrote:I wonder if people are still looking for Rush vinyl? my early Rush is all vinyl...back then, we all had to wait outside of the record stores the first day they went on sale..just like waiting for concert tickets...
Man, that brings back memories. I have all of the albums on vinyl up to and including Presto. I have bought every album on the release date since GUP. Our local recored store owner, a cool woman even let me have Vapor Trails on the friday before it was officially released the following monday under strict instruction that I was not to tell anyone lest she lose her licence :-) .
I wonder how much money I've actually spent on Rush albums, with the vinyl, videos, the entire cd collection, singles, dvd's etc...hmm?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

that's tre`cool Ogg....you're better of than I, as I only have vinyl up to Hemispheres...

I always wondered: why do they not follow the track order on vinyl when they transfer to tape/digital? I would assume that the tracks would follow suit on any media...

I could name tracks verbatim on vinyl, but got really hoodwinked when they came out on CD...Sometimes, it doesn't sound right either...but it is what it is, and I'm not gonna stop listening because of THAT hahaha
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I have all the vinyl, including VT and Feedback,
except for the German RTB and the Brazilian maybe? Counterparts.
I even have Chonicles on 3 lp's.

Course this could be why I work two jobs......
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

MK....do you have "Archives" on vinyl? I had the cassettes, but never bought the LP's...
Lamneth

Post by Lamneth »

I dig Jacob's Ladder, it's the last true prog gem that Rush recorded. It's one of their more popular and talked about songs it seems. There is also a movie by that name, from 1990, starring Tim Robbins. A horror movie about a guy who starts seeing demons everywhere and stuff.
"I'm really just a phony but forgive me 'cause I'm stoned"- Frank Zappa, "Who Needs the Peace Corps?"
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Yeah, it's a very cool song. I miss hearing it live.

As far as buying Rush LP's (as opposed to CD's), I did it up through Power Windows. After that I never bothered again.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

CygnusX1 wrote:MK....do you have "Archives" on vinyl? I had the cassettes, but never bought the LP's...
2 months later....

Yes I do.
I even have Chronicles on vinyl too.
Don't have CP or RTB though.
Lamneth

Post by Lamneth »

Dream Theater played it live once, in Toronto March 2002. Wish I'd been there. I sure am gonna check out their new DVD with live performances. 8)
"I'm really just a phony but forgive me 'cause I'm stoned"- Frank Zappa, "Who Needs the Peace Corps?"