The Fountain OF Lamenth

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

psupower

The Fountain OF Lamenth

Post by psupower »

I just put this on at work and this song RULZ :evil:

How many here appreciate this song?

I wish RUSH would play a few sections of the song " In The Valley " but we all know that is very slim..
3 travelers

Re: The Fountain OF Lamenth

Post by 3 travelers »

psupower wrote:I just put this on at work and this song RULZ :evil:

How many here appreciate this song?

I wish RUSH would play a few sections of the song " In The Valley " but we all know that is very slim..
One of my favorites P.... If you notice... my screen name is 3 travelers... that should let you know how I feel about Caress of Steel. It's my little tribute to the Men of Willowdale :cool:
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Caress of Steel eh?

There are some great songs on there alas let down by a poor production. Much as I love, the album sounds, no pun intended, Rushed. I think, with a little more time, they could have pulled out a cracker.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
psupower

Post by psupower »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Caress of Steel eh?

There are some great songs on there alas let down by a poor production. Much as I love, the album sounds, no pun intended, Rushed. I think, with a little more time, they could have pulled out a cracker.

I agree on that also but still a GOOD album as u pointed out!!

Although Lakeside Park is the only song I just don't digest, hmm :roll:
Slaine mac Roth

Personally, I love that one. The one I'm not keen on is I Think I'm Going Bald
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I feel your pain Slain............. I also don't care much for " I think I'm going bald." And I also like Lakeside Park.
This space for rent
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I agree, I like them all except for the bald song. It just doesn't fit with the rest of them.
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i LOVE I Think I'm Going Bald! i think the style definitely fits in..i also love Lakeside Park, i remember when i was little, we were coming back from FL & that song was playing..so it's always held a special memory for me. :-D :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

lakeside park isn't far from my mothers house
psupower

Post by psupower »

I gotta admit, I think I'M Going bald does have a good beat though, dispite the lyrics :-D
Slaine mac Roth

Don't get me wrong, Bald isn't a bad song, it just sounds, to me at least, as if it was thrown together to fill in a space on the album.
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Don't get me wrong, Bald isn't a bad song, it just sounds, to me at least, as if it was thrown together to fill in a space on the album.
I think it's more like.... smoke 6 joints and write a tune. I can live with that. New World Man was said to be a space filler on Signals... look how good that tune is.
psupower

Post by psupower »

3 travelers wrote:
Slaine mac Roth wrote:Don't get me wrong, Bald isn't a bad song, it just sounds, to me at least, as if it was thrown together to fill in a space on the album.
I think it's more like.... smoke 6 joints and write a tune. I can live with that. New World Man was said to be a space filler on Signals... look how good that tune is.
:-D
" Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
Children growing up, old friends growing older
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger "
Slaine mac Roth

3 travelers wrote:
However, they had had about ten years to hone their songwriting abilities before NWM
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
However, they had had about ten years to hone their songwriting abilities before NWM
True,Slaine... you're right 'bout that