NCAA football

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

NCAA football

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

I'm not as much a fan as I used to be, but I'm looking forward to a USC vs. Oklahoma national championship game. Go Trojans!!

"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Don't bet the farm yet....my Tigers are in good position to take over the number 2 spot from USC.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

USC 52, Oregon State 28

LSU 34, Georgia 13

Kansas State 35, Oklahoma 7....

Do I hear a case for a USC vs. LSU Sugar Bowl? Tigers looked pretty strong tonight. I could go for a Trojan-Tiger match up.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Hey, that's the way it should be. OU has been strong all year, but how can a team be considered a national champion if they can't win their own conference championship? That would be like sending the loser of the NFC or AFC championship game to the Super Bowl.

LSU vs USC in the Sugar has my vote.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

USC got fucked. Every year, the BCS continues to prove how useless it is.
KaelMwithascrubbrush

Do I hear yet another voice for a play off system? I think that would be best. Top eight teams, three weeks to a champion determined on the field.
-Steven Wright
afterimage

Post by afterimage »

USC #1 in both voter polls
+ LSU and Oklahoma in the Suger Bowl
= BCS and another example of why you can't leave things up to machines

For my WIW (what it's worth) The Suger Bowl should be LSU and USC for the National Championship trophy. Sorry Oklahoma but if you don't win your conference championship game you should not be national champion.
I know USC does not get the championship game but that is the PAC 10's problem. If conferences are going to have a championship game please don't erase it's importance by saying if you lose it is does not matter.
"Swept away like voices in a hurricane, In a vapor trail"
KaelMwithascrubbrush

I think USC's shredding Michigan drives home the point that college football neeeeds a playoff...especially since the BCS/Coaches Association agreement obligates coaches to vote for the winner of the Sugar Bowl, rather than who the individual coaches really believe is the best team in the nation. ESPN.com reported that 16 of 19 randomly contacted coaches in the association are disgruntled by their obligation. Congrats Trojans.
-Steven Wright
psupower

Post by psupower »

2005 Championship Game

Penn State Vs Flordia State, and JoePa will walk away w/ this one..

Am I dreaming? :?
" Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
Children growing up, old friends growing older
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger "
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

psupower wrote:2005 Championship Game

Penn State Vs Flordia State, and JoePa will walk away w/ this one..

Am I dreaming? :?
Yep.

Southern Cal will crush all who stand in their way.

FIGHT ON!

PS: I was at that USC/Michigan Rose Bowl. USC IS the National Champion, regardless of what those crappy computers said.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
psupower

Post by psupower »

Man, PSU and USC used to have to good games back in the day..

PSU is gonna be BACK SOON..There are some blue-chip upcoming seniors who are strongly considering PSU to play ball..This team now has experiance and should do well this year
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:PS: I was at that USC/Michigan Rose Bowl. USC IS the National Champion, regardless of what those crappy computers said.
Sorry, you're going to have to give half of it to LSU. Without USC and LSU on the field vs each other, there's no positive way to know. I sure you're convinced that USC would have scored at will on LSU; just as I'm sure LSU's defense would have taught USC a new meaning to the word 'pain'. :-D
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

by-tor wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:PS: I was at that USC/Michigan Rose Bowl. USC IS the National Champion, regardless of what those crappy computers said.
Sorry, you're going to have to give half of it to LSU. Without USC and LSU on the field vs each other, there's no positive way to know. I sure you're convinced that USC would have scored at will on LSU; just as I'm sure LSU's defense would have taught USC a new meaning to the word 'pain'. :-D
I wholeheartedly agree that the National Title Game should have been USC/LSU. Oklahoma had no business even being there. That was the true crime committed last year: we didn't get to see the issue settled on the field.

And yes, USC would have scored at will...

:twisted:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
psupower

Post by psupower »

Just like Nebraska had no RIGHT in the NC game back in 2002..Getting crushed by colorado and they playing in the NC game, WTF??? :roll:
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

This is why I think the NCAA should dump the BCS and go into a playoff with the top 25 teams.
Kazz