Formula 1

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Monaco Grand Prix today.

A TRULLI great race and a TRULLI great day for F1
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
schuette

Post by schuette »

Devil's Advocate wrote:*alternatively, the one-driver rule could apply to each driver's first flying lap only, after which time the next driver could optionally go out on track. This would guarantee each driver at least one traffic-free lap if he wants it, but would also allow team-mates to try slip-streaming for an extra tenth of a second or two.
I prefer this idea :D
schuette

Post by schuette »

it was a Trulli great race, the amount of incidents that happened made it really exciting.....I agree with what DC said that Sato should have been brought in as it was obvious that his engine was gonna blow and in a place like Monaco where there is no run-off area it's dangerous and the accidents could have been a lot worse.......at least Fisi walked away from it. As for Ralf he needs a talking to he's seemed to be in quite a lot of the accidents lately...but I'm still in 2 minds about this one as Alonso was well past him when he hit the wall...
I dont think I'll mention the Schuey incident as everyone will have their own views on that and I think you'll all know mine :wink:
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

schuette wrote: As for Ralf he needs a talking to he's seemed to be in quite a lot of the accidents lately...but I'm still in 2 minds about this one as Alonso was well past him when he hit the wall...
Ralf was fully to blame for that one. What we didn't see on TV was that he braked as if to let Alonso pass before entering the tunnel, but then accelerated again, forcing Alonso to overtake in the way he did. That Alonso was past Ralf when he hit the wall doesn't make any difference, in my view.
I dont think I'll mention the Schuey incident as everyone will have their own views on that and I think you'll all know mine :wink:
Aww. :P I don't think either driver was 100% at fault. But then, I don't think either driver was 100% innocent.... Testing your brakes in the tunnel? Not too bright. Staying close to the guy in front as he accelerates, while you're still following the safety car? Also not too bright.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Fun race yesterday. The American announcers blamed everything on Alonso for trying to pass in the tunnel. If Ralf did you what you said though then it's his fault. As for Schumacher, I think it's mostly his fault. Montoya shouldn't have been following so close but brake checking like that in the tunnel is pretty dumb.

Did you see where one of the diamonds that the Jag's were carrying in the nose cone "disappeared"? :lol:
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance.
Devil's Advocate

Scooter wrote:Did you see where one of the diamonds that the Jag's were carrying in the nose cone "disappeared"? :lol:
Yeah.... Did they find it yet? :)
Devil's Advocate

schuette wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:*alternatively, the one-driver rule could apply to each driver's first flying lap only, after which time the next driver could optionally go out on track. This would guarantee each driver at least one traffic-free lap if he wants it, but would also allow team-mates to try slip-streaming for an extra tenth of a second or two.
I prefer this idea :D
:) So.... any idea what Bernie's e-mail address might be.... ?
schuette

Post by schuette »

hehehehe.....good idea DA...email Bernie and Max :D

not heard if thy've found the diamond yet but there is a reward

Jaguar will reward anyone who does hand in the 108-carat gem with a new X-series car worth about $45,000, Sidhu said.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Let's see... a $45,000 car in exchange for a $250,000 diamond. I don't think so.

Am I the only person who thinks it was incredibly STUPID for Jag to put a diamond on the car like that when there was a reasonably good chance (given the usual attrition rate at Monaco) that the car would be wrecked?

Some are speculating it's just another PR stunt in conjunction with the movie "Ocean's Twelve" which Jag was promoting in Monaco with actors George Clooney and Brad Pitt, who play diamond thieves.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Scooter wrote:Am I the only person who thinks it was incredibly STUPID for Jag to put a diamond on the car like that when there was a reasonably good chance (given the usual attrition rate at Monaco) that the car would be wrecked?
LOL!!! :lol: ...........I have to agree there :D
Scooter wrote:Some are speculating it's just another PR stunt in conjunction with the movie "Ocean's Twelve" which Jag was promoting in Monaco with actors George Clooney and Brad Pitt, who play diamond thieves.
well they didn't get much publicity during the race did they? :roll:
schuette

Post by schuette »

Devil's Advocate wrote: Ralf was fully to blame for that one. What we didn't see on TV was that he braked as if to let Alonso pass before entering the tunnel, but then accelerated again, forcing Alonso to overtake in the way he did.
The telemetry after the race proved that Ralf did not slow down in the tunnel so he wasn't totally to blame like first said, which is probably why he wasn't penalised.

Schuey got pole with JPM 8th so I cant see Monty causing Schuey any hassle this race :wink: it should be another good race, I cant see the same amount of incidents as Monaco happening but at least it's a curcuit where they can overtake.
Devil's Advocate

schuette wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote: Ralf was fully to blame for that one. What we didn't see on TV was that he braked as if to let Alonso pass before entering the tunnel, but then accelerated again, forcing Alonso to overtake in the way he did.
The telemetry after the race proved that Ralf did not slow down in the tunnel so he wasn't totally to blame like first said, which is probably why he wasn't penalised.
Fair enough. But I bet they'll be watch Ralf very, very closely from now on.
schuette

Post by schuette »

yep I agree...he has the habit of being involved in 'racing incidents'

oh I forgot to mention the new quals rules.....
Formula 1 is revising its qualifying format as of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone on July 11.

Replacing the existing single car sessions will be a one hour period split into two 20 minute sessions, with combined times from both forming the grid spot.

Each car must complete six laps in each of the timed periods with the fastest time from each aggregated to produce the overall grid time. Both sessions will be run with free fuel levels, meaning a return to flat out qualifying with cars in their optimum specification.

The parc ferme rules will continue but teams will then fuel the cars after qualifying in preparation for the race.

Many of the teams are believed to have pushed for the second session to be run with race fuel levels but Ferrari's Jean Todt pointed out that if fuel conservation was a factor, drivers would then crawl round on their in-laps having set their quick time, leading to potentially hazardous situations.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I like the idea of the 2 qualifying sessions. Anything better than that stupid one lap crap they have now. Of course knowing Formula One they'll change their minds 5 or 6 more times before they get to Silverstone :P
schuette

Post by schuette »

Scooter wrote:Of course knowing Formula One they'll change their minds 5 or 6 more times before they get to Silverstone :P
:lol: :lol:

well he run and hid again 8) ..............and this time Ralf wasn't to blame it was Montoya!!! and Sato he was just a wee tad to ambitious.....