2005 NFL Predictions

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Middle Kingdom

2005 NFL Predictions

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Opening night going to start soon about 45 miles from my house, as my 2 time defending World Champion Patriots host the Raiders.
Lots of questions for the Pats this year on defense, so I would say we aren't the favorites this year.

My predictions:

AFC Playoffs

WC - Pats over Chargers
WC - Ravens over Broncos
Divisional - Ravens over Steelers
Divisional - Colts over Pats (in the Dome, not in the snow)
AFC Title - Ravens over Colts

NFC Playoffs

WC - Seahawks over Redskins
WC - Falcons over Packers
Divisional - Eagles over Seahawks
Divisional - Panthers over Falcons
NFC Tilte - Panthers over Eagles

Super Bowl XL - Ravens 17 Panthers 13
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

but if the Colts can get by New England this year, I see them going all the way. but than again anything can happen with injuries. ie if Manning goes down we are finished. If the Colts are going to win a championship I see this as the best year to get it done, due to favorable schedule, NE has some key injuries/departures and this will probably be Edge's last year as a Colt.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Well, all I'm gonna say is ........... GO CHIEFS GO!!!!!!!
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Not a Seahawks fan, Bro?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Not directly no. I used to love them back in the Jim Zorn day's though.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But you live in WA!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :razz:
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Soup4Rush wrote:but if the Colts can get by New England this year, I see them going all the way. but than again anything can happen with injuries. ie if Manning goes down we are finished. If the Colts are going to win a championship I see this as the best year to get it done, due to favorable schedule, NE has some key injuries/departures and this will probably be Edge's last year as a Colt.
The NFL made sure that if we are gonna get 3 in a row, it was with a really tough schedule. If the Colts get home field against us, it will be a win.
If they have to come here again(I was at last year's divisional game), I doubt it will happen. Course there's no guarantee we will get in the playoffs either. But I agree this is Indy's best shot at it. Injuries are a wild card for all teams, so that always keeps it interesting.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Middle Kingdom wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:but if the Colts can get by New England this year, I see them going all the way. but than again anything can happen with injuries. ie if Manning goes down we are finished. If the Colts are going to win a championship I see this as the best year to get it done, due to favorable schedule, NE has some key injuries/departures and this will probably be Edge's last year as a Colt.

The NFL made sure that if we are gonna get 3 in a row, it was with a really tough schedule. If the Colts get home field against us, it will be a win.
If they have to come here again(I was at last year's divisional game), I doubt it will happen. Course there's no guarantee we will get in the playoffs either. But I agree this is Indy's best shot at it. Injuries are a wild card for all teams, so that always keeps it interesting.
Something tells me that the guy who fills up the gatorade buckets at Foxboro is spiking Manning's juice.
Barry Manilow

Post by Barry Manilow »

Yah Hairy..... I am a Chiefs fan too... whooo hoooo go Chiefs
Looks like we made it.
Walkinghairball

Remember Barry, if you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter. :P
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

<---------------- in honor of football season, You guys will see this image a lot in Jan and Feb
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Well, until the Saints get a real QB, and stop drafting offensive linemen in the first round when we need defense, I think I'm in for another, "Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda" year.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Soup4Rush wrote:<---------------- in honor of football season, You guys will see this image a lot in Jan and Feb
Why, will ESPN and SI be doing series on "Best runner-ups"? :twisted: :-D
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

by-tor wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:<---------------- in honor of football season, You guys will see this image a lot in Jan and Feb
Why, will ESPN and SI be doing series on "Best runner-ups"? :twisted: :-D
hopefully not this year, I can't handle any more pictures of Harrison and Manning getting crunched in the snow.