Wrestling Fans' Signs

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Don't know about the Taylor deal, but Tommy Dreamer...

He's one of those wrestlers that will NEVER get a decent push...Like Shelton Benjamin....they're TRYING to get him 'over', but I don't think it'll ever happen...matter-of-fact, that reminds me that my favorite wrestler--who will ALWAYS go over with the fans is...yep....KURT ANGLE...

I don't know how he does it man....Even as a heel he gets crowd pops....unreal... :-D

I like Lance "Can I be serious for a moment?' Storm too....too bad he didn't get over either....he's SO talented...In fact...ALL of the grads of Stu Hart's Dungeon are awesome...without question...

And just for the record, if you remember "Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant, he has a wrestling school here in VA...sweet...hahaha
Don't start none...won't be none.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Some theorize that products not initially produced by WWE probably will not get pushes

meaning guys like Booker T will only get to upper-midcard status (Jericho and mayb RVD being an exception)

I just didn't think guys like Storm, Tajiri and Dreamer fit into Vince McMahons idea of "entertainment"
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Agreed there CM....

And as far as Jericho goes....He's probably going the same way as The Rock...I doubt we'll see him for the forseeable future....Unless of course...The band breaks up...:headbang: FOZZY! :headbang:

I really WOULD wish VKM would condone a full-blown ECW return....They're no threat to the WWE...What I wouldn't give to see all FIVE of the Dudleys again....nah...I take that back...one of 'em died, so we'll never see him again (I think it was "Sign Guy" Dudley...not sure), but STILL...

nothing comes CLOSE to seeing New Jack taking a cheese grater to Mikey Whipwreck :headbang: sw-eeeet
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

I think he's taken a positive step by allowing ECW to be a separate entity under the rule of Paul Heyman, but here may be a few other things he might have to consider -

random thoughts here -

-the roster obviously needs fresh blood to mix in with the old - it's been a few years since ECW went under so the wrestlers are that many years older. Possibly a few of the lesser used mid-card WWE guys could be thrown in

-the shows should be localized in the northeast, where ECW was popular - it should NOT be marketed to WWE crowds... a lot of the people who chant "E-C-W" at WWE shows know very little of ECW, as shown by the zero reaction Tommy Dreamer got... he may be more known as the guy who ate gross stuff, and feuded with Chris Nowitski

-relaxation of the style of wrestling - ie longer matches, allowing WWE-banned aerial manouevres

-as for the DudleyS, not sure how much effort they will put in to get them away from TNA (don't know their contract staus) -and yeah, I think sign-guy Dudley passed away
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

ECW to appear on the Sci FI Channel?

not sure if I'll get that in Canada
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

SCI FI??? Where did you hear that CM? That would RULE....no SMACKDOWN! blackouts for a useless baseball game, like on UPN! WOOHOO!!

I agree with all you said about ECW too....Paulie made a appearance on RAW last night....He's hyping ONS, and...this is SAD....he brings out WHO??? TERRY FUNK AND TOMMY DREAMER....

Dude, that's just wrong...Terry Funk couldn even walk down the RAMP without almost falling down the stupid thing...He shouldn't be in the ring anymore...Really dude...he looks BAD....

And this, coming from someone who thinks RIC FLAIR shouldn't be in the ring anymore!

There had better be more to ONS than THAT....
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

good ones from RAW last night in Las Vegas:

--"I'm here with your Momma"

--"Why Mick Why?"
(he did a blatant plug for his new book too...sweet)
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

the Heyman spot would have worked better if the whole (a good number of) the new ECW roster came out... it was just not believable that Funk and Dreamer could take out Foley and Edge, even with kendo sticks and barbed wire bats
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

I get Smackdown still on Thursdays on theScore (highlight package channell, with a few live events) - the Seattle UPN station here also bumps Smackdown for baseball... that and Fridays I try to go out or something
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Actually CM, I'm waiting for the much-anticipated ECW return of...who else?

THE BWO!!! :headbang:

Steven Richards, Blue Meanie and Super Nova...WE'RE TAKING OVER!!!

Cool to know (if true) that X-Pac has been signed again...now, if they can get Chyna and Road Dog back...that would RULE!!
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Not sure where Blue Meanie is now

the ill-fated return of the bWo last year was simply to avoid being sued by Meanie after JBL cheap -shotted him at ONS

Stevie Richards is misused by WWE, and Simon Dean - I don't mind, but they can do better with him
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Road Dog, Billy Gunn are in TNA (james gang); Chyna... well I could do without her
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

right! :-D forgot all about Mr. Ass :roll: ....figures though...he got NO crowd pop when he WAS wrestling, so theryago...best move VKM made (getting rid of him)...he's one of those wrestlers that just doesn't get OVER with the fans...never had and prolly never will...

I saw "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash on TNA not long ago....good to see him back...now, if they could just get nWo back together...that would RULE...
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I liked Stevie Richards.
Saw him in a non tv ECW event in a local
cow town's town hall basement.

Great event.
Francine fell out of her top, while being pile driven
but had tape on.
:(

Definately misused by WWE.
funky cm