RIP, Barbaro :(

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Thanks, so much MK. :) Who said "Buckaroo" in a famous movie? I think I hear Sean Connery's voice saying it for some reason. Ah yes. Hunt for Red October! 8)
Soup4Rush wrote:I have been following this since the injury 8 months ago too. What a tragedy. I think the owners did everything in their power to keep him alive, but it the end it just was too much to overcome. They were going to make a bundle rather the horse lived or died anyway. I think they had the horse's best interest at heart in this case. Kares have you seen Dreamer with Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning. kind of along these same lines... awesome movie. Also I heard on ESPN if you cannot register a horse as a throughbred if it was breeded through artificial means. The deed has to be done horsie style. I wonder how you can tell the difference. :? anyway, I share your pain Kares, What a terrible loss. This horse had he not gotten hurt would have probably became immortal after his career was done. :(
Thanks as well, Soupie. :) I have not seen that movie but I heard it was great Thanks for reminding me. :) I agree with you about that rule about artificial insemination in horses being a bit rediculous. Racing is supposed to be such a scientific sport with everything going in the "blood" so I would think they would embrace the technology instead of being so archaic A broken leg is not going to "un-stud" the "studliness" of a horse because he can't climb on top of a mare and "go for it" (although I will not disagree with the males in this forum that they feel it is probably the "preferred" way to go. ;)) because they are REALLY after the DNA. :roll:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

If it makes you feel better, my dog is just licking his lips waiting to taste Barbaro in his Alpo.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Yo monkey, that was a classless thing to say. When someone is greiving, you should show a little more respect.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Monkey Wrench wrote:If it makes you feel better, my dog is just licking his lips waiting to taste Barbaro in his Alpo.

Not cool MW.

That's 1................................. Don't push it.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:
Monkey Wrench wrote:If it makes you feel better, my dog is just licking his lips waiting to taste Barbaro in his Alpo.

Not cool MW.

It's a Philly thing. They have no class...just greasy, tasteless cheesesteaks.

We're talking about a place where "fans" throw batteries at football players. Nice.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

wow!! That was ugly. :(
Happy 2015!
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

This post was deleted by Walkinghairball....................that's 2.

Monkey wrench, you are being inappropriate. Don't do it again.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

CygnusX1 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:

Not cool MW.

It's a Philly thing. They have no class...just greasy, tasteless cheesesteaks.

We're talking about a place where "fans" throw batteries at football players. Nice.

Hey guy's, don't fuel it k................thanks.WHB.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

Soup4Rush wrote:wow!! That was ugly. :(

Hey guy's, don't fuel it k................thanks.WHB.
This space for rent