Red Sox Nation

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:how about this, Suppose Mitchell was in ownership with the Indians and head of steroid investigation. and this story was leaked before a crucial game. and the Sox lost, You guys would lynch Mitchell, set his house on fire and kill his dog. It would go down in Sox lore. You know I could have cared less about Belichek and spygate, because I don't think the Pats gained any advantage over that, but this my friend is bullshit. and the fans of Boston know it is and will never admit it..
It is bullshit.

BUT

I will say the Indians brought it upon themselves- they tried to take the bull, and instead got the horns. (The Indians played dirty, the Sox played dirtier).

Am I saying its right? No- Ghandi said it best "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

nah, I would not say the Sox played dirty. The players had no knowledge and the shame is the players are going to get dragged into something they had nothing to do with, much like Spygate. I am saying Mitchell is a piece of garbage, like Canseco, and the Sox should cut all ties with him..
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:nah, I would not say the Sox played dirty. The players had no knowledge and the shame is the players are going to get dragged into something they had nothing to do with, much like Spygate. I am saying Mitchell is a piece of garbage, like Canseco, and the Sox should cut all ties with him..
Ah.

Oh, you need to pick up the white courtesy phone in the Colts Pats thread...you're being called out... (not by me, mind you, I had my sparring for today with you) :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

YYZ30 wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:nah, I would not say the Sox played dirty. The players had no knowledge and the shame is the players are going to get dragged into something they had nothing to do with, much like Spygate. I am saying Mitchell is a piece of garbage, like Canseco, and the Sox should cut all ties with him..
Ah.

Oh, you need to pick up the white courtesy phone in the Colts Pats thread...you're being called out... (not by me, mind you, I had my sparring for today with you) :-D

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe. :lol:
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

POUNDED !!!!!

That lay off really hurt the Rockies.
Plus their pitcher, like the Indians' Carmona,
looked like he wet himself in the first inning.

They have a rookie going tonight.
Look for plenty of walks and if they have to
use their bullpen again like last night, they are in
big trouble heading back to Denver.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

^^^
Yes indeed!

Half way to the title!

Hopefully that thin air helps more of our fly balls go
out of the park.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

One more to go.

Lester coming back from cancer to win the clincher?
Sounds like a perfect ending tonight.

Where are ya PV, got "We Are the Champions" and "Standing On Top"
ready to go tonight!!!!
:-D
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS
WOOOO HOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

There were no tears tonight of sadness, no explaining to my son how a ball got through someone's legs to lose the game like my father had to do to me. There were tears of joy, from both my son and I, and yells of celebration from the 3000+ down the street at the college.

This drink in my hand, is to the 2007 season. May we never see another 86 year drought.

Cheers.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

At this time may I extend my condolences to the Rockie's.

Hee! hee! ha! ha..........! :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Oh yeah, thanks to ARod, he just proved how much of a Massengil he is by opting out on the night we win. We don't need OR want the classless SOB.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Another Yankee ploy to cheapen our victory.
Jerks.

I'd rather have the World Series MVP than Mr April.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

(from espn dot com)
...Over the next seven games, the Red Sox outscored the Indians and Rockies by the mind-boggling total of 59-15. Roll that around your brain a moment: 59-15.

We took a look at the other six teams in history to rip off winning streaks of seven games or longer within the same postseason. The closest anybody came to that plus-44 run differential was a plus-30 by the 2006 Tigers, who outscored the Yankees and A's, 40-10, in their seven-game run through the LDS and LCS.

You thought that 2004 Boston squad -- a team that won its last eight and led at some point in every inning of the World Series -- had a dominating finish? Heck, those Sox were only plus-24 (49-25).

Remember the 1998 Yankees -- viewed as the most dominant team of modern times? They were just plus-23 (44-21) while winning their final seven.

And what about the '76 Big Red Machine -- one of the most storied teams of the division-play era? Nope, they were only plus-22 (41-19) while sweeping an entire seven-game postseason.

And this team doubled that. Amazing.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Congrats BoSox fans.

You all deserve it.

Hey.....any beer left after the riots? :lol:

Seriously, those guys kicked ass. :headbang:

Somebody remind Colorado to take nine days off before the
World Series AGAIN. hahahaha
Don't start none...won't be none.