Red Sox Nation

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:yeah and to quote another great American

"I never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky"

Bullshit!!

Mitchell is head of the steroid probe and he knew nothing about this??

whatever dude.. :roll:

pretty convenient this story leaked right before game 7 . I wonder who the confidential informant was?
So to risk his credibility by going on record and stating he was not the leak, do you realize what that would do to his report if he were to be found out later as the leak? The report would be worth the paper it was printed on.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

YYZ30 wrote:

Bullshit!!

pretty convenient this story leaked right before game 7 . I wonder who the confidential informant was?
So to risk his credibility by going on record and stating he was not the leak, do you realize what that would do to his report if he were to be found out later as the leak? The report would be worth the paper it was printed on.
I didn't want to alter that post so I'm adding on here- If he was found to be the leak don't you think baseball's credibility would also take another really big hit?

Just think about it.

EDIT-bolded word added
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

and who the hell appointed somebody that has ownership interest in a baseball team to head up the steroid investigation? dude this stinks?

3 words

CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:and who the hell appointed somebody that has ownership interest in a baseball team to head up the steroid investigation? dude this stinks?

3 words

CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Take it up with Bud Selig- I didn't pick him.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

YYZ30 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:

Bullshit!!

I didn't want to alter that post so I'm adding on here- If he was found to be the leak don't you think baseball's credibility would also take another really big hit?

Just think about it.

EDIT-bolded word added

dude, MLB's credibily isn't worth shit anyway. They have fucked this steroid thing up from top to bottom. It has turned into a frigging witch hunt now anyway IMHO.

Fuckers loved the ratings when Sosa and McGuire put baseball back on the map, than crucified them when somebody got all prissy about steroid use.

and what hell is Mitchell going to say.

"Yeah, I did it" .. whatever dude, he is an ex politician. He knows how to lie..
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

YYZ30 wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:and who the hell appointed somebody that has ownership interest in a baseball team to head up the steroid investigation? dude this stinks?

3 words

CONFLICT OF INTEREST
maybe I will ask him why nobody from the Red Sox has been accused of steroid use too.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:

3 words

CONFLICT OF INTEREST
maybe I will ask him why nobody from the Red Sox has been accused of steroid use too.
How many people have been accused by leaks that can be attributed to him? 3? 4? The only one I know for sure is Giambi- but thats b/c Giambi opened his big trap and said something dumb. There will be names, shocking names, and I am willing to bet there will be Red Sox on there.

OTOH, Canseco claims to have dirt on Ortiz from what I read- what kind of dirt is my question. Look at Oritz - what is Canseco gonna tell us- how he likes to hit the buffet table 2-3 more times than most of us?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Canseco is a piece of garbage, and he is not in a position of power.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Canseco is a piece of garbage, and he is not in a position of power.
Then why are his claims being investigated to some extent?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

MLB is covering their asses thats why. damage control I would guess.
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

all I am saying is that this story leaked on the same day as crucial game 7, George Mitchell is the head of steroid investigation and a member of the Red Sox's ownership. These are facts correct? and was there not 70 plus members of the media crowding the Indians clubhouse the morning of game 7?. yeah, I am sure that was not distracting to the Indians. It does not take a genius to put these facts together and say this whole thing stinks.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:all I am saying is that this story leaked on the same day as crucial game 7, George Mitchell is the head of steroid investigation and a member of the Red Sox's ownership. These are facts correct? and was there not 70 plus members of the media crowding the Indians clubhouse the morning of game 7?. yeah, I am sure that was not distracting to the Indians. It does not take a genius to put these facts together and say this whole thing stinks.
Like flying someone's ex in doesn't stink either?

You have valid points- I don't agree with the you in regards to Mitchell being the leak- there's too much at stake for Mitchell to lie, then not lie and after his press email today saying he is not the leak...

What I would buy into is if Mitchell "told" a mole in the investigation about Byrd, and they leaked the info to the SF Chronicle...Mitchell is not the leak per se. Cheap? Yes, but it makes him innocent of being the leak. He didn't tell the paper, the mole did.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

YYZ30 wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:all I am saying is that this story leaked on the same day as crucial game 7, George Mitchell is the head of steroid investigation and a member of the Red Sox's ownership. These are facts correct? and was there not 70 plus members of the media crowding the Indians clubhouse the morning of game 7?. yeah, I am sure that was not distracting to the Indians. It does not take a genius to put these facts together and say this whole thing stinks.

You have valid points- I don't agree with the you in regards to Mitchell being the leak- there's too much at stake for Mitchell to lie, then not lie and after his press email today saying he is not the leak...

What I would buy into is if Mitchell "told" a mole in the investigation about Byrd, and they leaked the info to the SF Chronicle...Mitchell is not the leak per se. Cheap? Yes, but it makes him innocent of being the leak. He didn't tell the paper, the mole did.

I never said flying someone's ex in was not cheap, but it was not a conflict of interest.

if Mitchell told a mole and the mole leaked it, same difference.. the leg bone is connected to the footbone.. :-D

and I guess Bill Clinton did not have anything to lose when he lied too.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:

I never said flying someone's ex in was not cheap, but it was not a conflict of interest.

if Mitchell told a mole and the mole leaked it, same difference.. the leg bone is connected to the footbone.. :-D

and I guess Bill Clinton did not have anything to lose when he lied too.
OK, what if the mole read a file about it, and wasn't told by Mitchell directly?

(yes I'm stretching I like playing devil's advocate)
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

how about this, Suppose Mitchell was in ownership with the Indians and head of steroid investigation. and this story was leaked before a crucial game. and the Sox lost, You guys would lynch Mitchell, set his house on fire and kill his dog. It would go down in Sox lore. You know I could have cared less about Belichek and spygate, because I don't think the Pats gained any advantage over that, but this my friend is bullshit. and the fans of Boston know it is and will never admit it..
Happy 2015!