The official Colts versus Patriots smack talk thread.

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

There will plenty of smack......the sound of Manning hitting the turf!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Thats the spirit.

Soooooooooooo, will Mrs. Brady be supplying the purses for the team to smack Mr. Manning to the turf then???

Just wondering. :lol: :razz: :-D
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I knew I could count on my buddy MK not to let me down!! :-D

That tired ole D of yours is not even going to be able to catch Manning, and he ain't that fast to begin with. :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Those rookies in the Colts secondary are gonna need binoculars to see
how far
Moss and Welker are behind them!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Wow.
Congrats guys.

A repeat of the 06 title game.
We should have won in blow out style in both.
This was easily a 38-14 or 45-21 win.

At 24-7 I said Colts would win on a td with 1:30 left.

Welker was wide open across the middle 4 yards past the stick on the 4th and 2.

Faulk did juggle the pass and did not gain the 30, but the ref actually gave him backwards momentum, marking it after he bounced off the turf, not where he made contact with the turf. Either way it would have left him short, but the spot still should have been closer.

Did the Colts get flagged for any defensive penalties?

Every play I seen end with 2 minutes left has been said to be a booth review.
Last night they claim it is a challenge only - because the play started before 2 minutes were left.

What is the official rule?

Looks like we will win a home wild card and lose in the divisional round at Cincinnati this year - if we don't lose to the Jets, cus we certainly are losing at NO and Drew Brees. Saints D is much better than the depleted Colts (and we still couldn't win!).
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I would just like to thank Mr. Belicheck for the early Christmas present. Sorry, even if he makes the 1st down it was still a stupid call. Actually, it was a slap in the face to our defense and to the Patriots defense. Brady and Belicheck can defend it all they want, it was not smart football.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Middle Kingdom wrote:
Every play I seen end with 2 minutes left has been said to be a booth review.
Last night they claim it is a challenge only - because the play started before 2 minutes were left.

What is the official rule?
If the play happens before the 2 minute warning- it must be reviewed by coaches challenge. After the 2 minute warning it must be initiated by the booth.

Soup4Rush wrote:I would just like to thank Mr. Belicheck for the early Christmas present. Sorry, even if he makes the 1st down it was still a stupid call. Actually, it was a slap in the face to our defense and to the Patriots defense. Brady and Belicheck can defend it all they want, it was not smart football.
The pass rush was gassed- they were tired- Bellechik took a really bad gamble and lost. The Pats since 2001 (?) are 63% on 4th and 2 or less - would you take 2 in 5 odds that you don't make it?

Bellechik should have called out the punting unit - Manning's success rate goes WAY down when starting from his own 20 to midfield.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I dont care about the odds.. It was stupid, no it was typical Belicheck arrogance. Too much can go bad on the snap, the exchange, the throw.. Punt the ball and make a Colt Offense that was inconsistent at best, go 70 yards in two minutes with one time out. If I was a Patriot's fan, I would be pissed. Belicheck handed that game to us on a silver platter.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

And the Chiefs....................WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know wrong thread. So, what's up with "Cut that meat" throwing a pick???? He don't do that.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:I dont care about the odds.. It was stupid, no it was typical Belicheck arrogance. Too much can go bad on the snap, the exchange, the throw.. Punt the ball and make a Colt Offense that was inconsistent at best, go 70 yards in two minutes with one time out. If I was a Patriot's fan, I would be pissed. Belicheck handed that game to us on a silver platter.
And if Bellechik was coaching the Colts you would be kissing his ass.

Not pissed at all- it was a gamble, and one that did not pay off. He's human and he made a mistake not calling a play that would have sent Faulk 3 yards to eliminate any doubt about the first down. People around here are fuming at the head linesman for calling the bobble on that catch- there was a bobble- watch the side angle and you see he CLEARLY bobbled the ball. Shit happens and I look forward to next week.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

YYZ30 wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:I dont care about the odds.. It was stupid, no it was typical Belicheck arrogance. Too much can go bad on the snap, the exchange, the throw.. Punt the ball and make a Colt Offense that was inconsistent at best, go 70 yards in two minutes with one time out. If I was a Patriot's fan, I would be pissed. Belicheck handed that game to us on a silver platter.
And if Bellechik was coaching the Colts you would be kissing his ass.

Not pissed at all- it was a gamble, and one that did not pay off. He's human and he made a mistake not calling a play that would have sent Faulk 3 yards to eliminate any doubt about the first down. People around here are fuming at the head linesman for calling the bobble on that catch- there was a bobble- watch the side angle and you see he CLEARLY bobbled the ball. Shit happens and I look forward to next week.

Thank God he is not coaching the Colts or we would be 6-3!!! :-D
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Thank God he is not coaching the Colts or we would be 6-3!!! :-D
Super Bowl wins for the Pats under Bellechik - 3
Super Bowl wins for the Balt/Ind Colts under the lifetime of the franchise - 2

Smell that? That's what burnt Soup smells like... :razz:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I always love it when you guys go back to that... :-D Thats cool. Its kind of like saying I won the lottery 3 times and you only one it once. It will be 3-2 after this year.. I don't count the one in Baltimore.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

And let's not forget that perfect season for the Pat's a few years ago........................oh yeah, they lost that too. LOL :razz: :razz: :razz:

*Goes back to the bottom of the division for more losers lunch, happy that OAK is right there with the Chiefs* :-D
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

not to mention the Colts have won 5 of the last 6 meetings. There was a day when Brady did not choke.. Not so much anymore... :-)

On a lighter note, my brother has a new girlfriend. Now there are probably 5000 single women in this town to choose from. (I should know because I am working through the list :-D) but I digress. Anyway, I get over to his house and she is sitting there. Anybody care to guess what she is wearing. SHE WAS WEARING A FREAKING #12 BRADY JERSEY!!! Are you for real??? Apparently she is a Boston transplant and a die hard Pats fan. So I had to sit through 3 hours of her!! I was actually wondering how deep the pond was behind his house!! :-D But as you all know, the story had a happy ending!!! She actually is pretty nice aside from being a Chowderhead! But I told my brother, I would rather wake up to a penis than a Tom Brady jersey. :-D (not really, but almost)
Happy 2015!