Hockey

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

by-tor wrote:
neilpeart_gal wrote:Believe me, I know!! I told my friends we'll be lucky if it doesn't end up 12-2 Avs. :lol:
Looks like the Av's decided to go easy on you. Course, when Karyia put that puck in with seconds left, I thought for sure we'd take it in OT.
Oh yeah, they went easy on us. :roll: If them blowing a 2-0 lead is counted as going easy. ;)

Thank our defenseman's stupid penalty for the Kariya goal. But that same defensemen won it for us in OT so he was suddenly not so stupid anymore. :lol:
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

:lol: You're funny, man.

How do you Rangers fan like (former Predator) Mike Dunham?
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

You know me, I like the Avs, and I really can't argue with the ranking! :)
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Let me just say that my Preds shut out the Wild last night! Yippee!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked, my boys are doing so well of late. I am PROUD. We're still in 6th place, 1 point ahead of the Flames.

Road trip ahead....Calgary (see above!), Edmonton, Casucks, Columbus. If we could play .500 hockey this trip, it would do us a world of good.

GO PREDS!!!!!!
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I guess y'all missed Hejduk's penalty shot last night in overtime to pull the Av's into a tie with the Dead Wings for the number 1 team in the NHL. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

You're kidding?? Aaaah! GO AVS!! I was at the Preds game (where we shut out the Wild, thank you very much) so I missed it.

By-tor, you'll be glad to know I joined the Avs message board. :P
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Hey at least they didn't lose 4-0 last night like my Preds did!! :twisted:

And the day that our goalie gets named to the All Star team, he gets pulled from the game for giving up too many goals. :lol:

What is that, God, sarcasm???
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I understand that the guy is not really a fan favorite outside of Colorado, but somebody please explain to me why Peter Foresberg is not in the NHL All-Star game? The man has 43 points in only 26 games, and is considered by most to be the best player in hockey today; Mike Modano even said on ESPN the other night that if you were going to build the perfect hockey player, it would be Foresberg.

And while we're on the subject of explaining the All-Star selections, why, oh why is Marty Turco, who is 16th in the West in save precentage, and 29th overall, the starting goalie for the West?
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I don't get that, either. Peter is one of my all time faves to watch. The man is just amazing (IMO). So I'm afraid that is one I can't explain to ya.

As far as Turco goes, the Stars fans did a good job stuffing the ballot box (hence him and Modono starting).
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

I went to my first-ever professional hockey game Wednesday, and it was awesome! My team won and everything! :D I could get really used to going to watch them play. :D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...