Hockey

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

PV wrote::cry: My Devils broke their 13 game winning streak tonight. :cry:
Not to mention the other numbers to help you go deeper into depression....

David Aebischer has 13 wins in only 18 games, whereas it has taken Martin Brodeur 20 games just to win 12.

Alex Tanguay is leading the NHL in points.

The Colorado defensemen are leading the NHL in points.

The Devils have ONLY 14 power play goals in 21 games, whereas the Av's have 25 power play goals in 23 games.

The Av's defensemen have MORE points than the Devils' CENTERS.

And the biggest number to make you cry? 1. As in 1 day until the Devils have to skate into the Pepsi Center.

:twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

by-tor wrote:And the biggest number to make you cry? 1. As in 1 day until the Devils have to skate into the Pepsi Center. :twisted:
Another reason for #1? It is the 1 game we face off against eachother this season as well.

One of us is going to be suffering miserably then here on Sunday night, eh By-tor? *fingers crossed it's NOT me!*
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

No worries here....if the Av's were to lose, I'd just delete your account. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Go ahead! I have back-up! :wink:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

PV wrote:Go ahead! I have back-up! :wink:
*backs up*
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Well, well, well... Look who could log in this morning! :D The outcome last night wasn't exactly what I was hoping for but a tie will have to do.

I must say though, it was a great hockey game! Good playing by both teams and especially the goalies. There were some heart stopping saves made on each side.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

PV wrote:Good playing by both teams and especially the goalies.
Hell, goalies are the only reason that game wasn't a 10-0 shutout by the Av's. Ole Marty was able to pull pucks out of his ass, and Abby had to kick the puck in because he felt sorry for NJ. :twisted:

Seriously though, this is only the second or third time I've watched the Devils play this year, but one thought comes to mind.....Brodeur better not get hurt, cause the Devils have lost their offense of a few years ago. I mean, it was a one - one game on paper, but even though Aebischer is a good goalie, he's not that good....not Brodeur good.....the Devils (lack of) offense made him look like the second coming of Roy. What happend to Gomez? He was good a few years ago....during his rookie season, but he seemed to not have any skills during those three games I saw. The only offensive threat I see on the Devils' is Madden and Stevens, and if Brodeur were to get injured, those two wouldn't be enough.

Yeah, yeah, I know....it sounds like I'm making excuses...or that I'm just bitching, but after all the hype on ESPN, I thought the Devils were going to be more than this. Right now though, Brodeur is the ONLY reason they're winning.

And, on the other side of the puck....SHOOT THE DAMN THING!!! I've seen almost every game the Av's have played this year, and it's really starting to tick me off that all these 'superstars' are trying to prove how much a 'team player' they are by passing the puck to a teammate instead of taking the shot. Here's some simple math for you Av's.....If, on average, you score 1 goal per 20 shots, you'll score more goals by putting the puck on the net 40 times than you will by shooting 20 times while passing 20 times. It seems that the only one on the Av's who understands the concept of having to put the puck on net to score is Steve Konowalchuk. Hell, Rob Blake, a defenseman, had more shots on goal last night than Milan Hejduk.

You can't get a homerun if you don't swing the bat, and you can't score a goal if you don't put the puck on net.
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

FerrariF1 wrote:Putting my hatred for the Devils aside for a moment, I agree with by-tor about Gomez. He did awesome during his rookie year, but it seems that he has actually gotten worse as the seasons wear on.
And he's turned into a big titty-baby. :twisted: Maybe Scott Stevens needs to have a 'talk' with him.

Now I know all you Dead Wings' fans will hate me, but with the departure of Roy last season, Hasek STILL isn't the best goalie in the league. That title got passed onto Brodeur.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

by-tor wrote:Brodeur better not get hurt, cause the Devils have lost their offense of a few years ago. I mean, it was a one - one game on paper, but even though Aebischer is a good goalie, he's not that good....not Brodeur good.....
True, By-tor. Dang I hate saying you are right. :wink:
by-tor wrote: What happend to Gomez? He was good a few years ago....during his rookie season, but he seemed to not have any skills during those three games I saw.
You and half the state of New Jersey want the answer to that one as well! And why only half the state? Cuz the other half are Flyers fans! Hosers...
by-tor wrote:Maybe Scott Stevens needs to have a 'talk' with him.
Here is a good article about Stevens, if you are interested...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/s ... id=1671688
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Yeah, I read that article the other day. The suprising thing about the game between the Devils and Av's....there were no big hits. You would think that with Stevens on one side, and Blake on the other, someone would have gotten smacked.

And with the departure of that bitch-boy Holik, there were no dirty hits. I was sad to see him leave the Devils though.....cause now I don't have two reasons to hate him. :twisted:
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

by-tor wrote:The suprising thing about the game between the Devils and Av's....there were no big hits. ...someone would have gotten smacked.
Your favorite, Gomez, took a good back cracker from someone. Brought on a good retaliation by Martin which sent him in to the penalty box. 8)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Brodeur honored as Player of Month :D

Goaltender Martin Brodeur, who held the opposition to one goal or fewer in seven of 12 starts and was 8-1-3 with a 1.30 goals-against average, .943 save percentage and three shutouts, was named Defensive Player of the Month for November. Brodeur helped the Devils record a 13-game unbeaten streak (10-0-3) from October 28-November 26 -- the longest in the NHL this season. Avalanche goaltender David Aebischer, who was 8-2-1 with a 2.44 GAA and one shutout, was runner-up for the award. Capitals center Robert Lang, who collected points in each of his 14 games and owned a plus-8 rating, won Offensive Player of the Month honors.
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Did anyone notice the Ducks beat the Av's tonight? :D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Panacea wrote:Did anyone notice the Ducks beat the Av's tonight? :D
No worries there.....at least it wasn't the Devils....or the Dead Wings. You gotta feel for the Ducks....they need a little sunshine in their day. :twisted: Course if it wasn't for that almost 6 minute power play in the first, we may have been looking at a 0-0 tie. :o

Giguere was incredible. The Av's only put 5 shots on goal in the first, but slammed him after that....he ended up with 38 saves, and some of them were shots that he had no business getting too. That boy's a purrdy good goalie. 8)

But the biggest news of that game......Foresberg skated the warm-up, and will more than likely play tonight vs. the Kings!!!!!