Hockey Playoffs

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Have a campfire set for this weekend.

I'm not angry about this at all, its more like...disgust...
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Red Wings will win the cup and here's why.

The size of Stevie Y's heart.

The size of Hatcher.

The mouth of Chelios.

Shanny's desire to hear that funky Irish jig.

Scotty Bowman said so.

Draper's "blanket".

Cujo's "something to proove".

Holmstrom's titanium body.

Datsuyk's mooves.

Lang's hair.

Lidstrom's class.

Maltby's sense of mission.

and last but never least...Brett's big fat smile laughing at eveyone.

Incidentally, even a die hard Bruin fans like me can see this comin' a mile away.

And for Stevie I'll be as happy as I always am for him. This is called a a very sweet Swan Song.

I'll miss him and Brett as much as any player. Thanks for all the great memories guys.
Living One Long Sunrise
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I guess we can just agree to disagree. :roll:

Welcome to the board, btw, Mr. Bill !! 8)
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Thanks NPG!

Now...about those Pred's of yours.

One day soon all of Smashville will be singing a different tune. Can they play "We Are The Champions" country style?

Between Danny Hamhuis (who is a thoroughbred), Scotty Hart, The TooToo train and Scottie Upshall the future is very bright. Plus...they're all frost bitten Canadian boys! Just what you need for the silverware.

Did anyone ever tell you that your coach (Mr. Trotz) looks a little like Dr. Evil. I mean a real Dr. Evil! :lol:
Living One Long Sunrise
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Bill, you are now my best friend!!! :lol: :lol:

Yes I am SO PROUD of my Preds (season ticket holder, thank you very much!) and I do believe the future is bright. I'm proud of them this year, even to make the playoffs, let alone force a game 6 with DETROIT.

Thank you SO MUCH for the kind words. :)

I love Coach!!! But I sort of see what you mean. We call him 'No Neck'. :lol: But I can tell you he is THE sweetest man, just loves talking to hockey fans. :D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Darkhorse:
San Jose.

Ghost of a Chance:
Lightning

Favorite:
Red Wings
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

No neck :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was good - and yes - I know he's a great guy. He just looks scary!

When Leggy realises that he is THAT good and assumes the role they will be great. I keep pullin' for him. But he has learned the hard way and in the end that will do him good. I love Kimmo cause he's so quick. Zidlicky! Where was this guy? Stolen from NY. Jordin was a bit of a cult hero up here and there is more drive to win in those legs then I've seen in a while. Danny Ham will be an All-Star. But the best secret is Ryan Suter. This will be a very skilled and nasty team to play against and eveyone sees it comin'. You guys aren't foolin' anyone.

Hang in there girl. I love the fact this team was built through the draft and that the fans have been patient and dedicated. It's a great story. Plus...Sully was one of my favorites a long time ago. When everyone told him he wouldn't make it. Way back in Albany.

Anyhow...I have no prob with the Preds. I know what they're doin'... :wink:
Living One Long Sunrise
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

The Predators will have their day. They're developing slowly, and aren't about to do anything drastic (a la NYR). They don't play the trap, and that's good for hockey.

My question to NPG is how hockey is perceived in a still relatively new market. Has the novelty of a new sport/new team worn off? Now that the Preds are out of the playoffs, does anybody care about who wins the Stanley Cup?
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Funky Cm, it has really been interesting in Nashvegas. First of all, regular season games here rarely sell out (unless it is the Red Wings in town or a really good weekend matchup). However, to watch the city come out in support of the Preds for the playoffs was VERY exciting. Not a seat left in the house for any of the 3 games, and even then, standing room only (and not nearly as many Wings fans as I expected). It will be interesting for me to see next year what happens with attendance (barring a lockout). I am sure we at least gained some new season ticket holders out of the deal.

As far as who wins the Cup goes; I would say that anyone who is really a hockey fan here (aka most of us season ticket peeps) DOES care who wins the cup and are watching most, if not all, of the playoffs. Its the sport that has us so addicted; the fact that we are not in the running now is largely inconsequential.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

FLYERS ARE GOING TO KICK ASS TONIGHT ON OUR NORTHERN BROTHERS :shock: POSSIBLY GOING THE FULL SEVEN GAMES THOUGH YOU GOT TO THINK ABOUT THE ADVERTISMENT MONEY.... ALWAYS AN ANGLE, OH ME, OH MY! :oops:
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

go phili toronto took out my senators so i'm spiteful!
wcp

Post by wcp »

Toronto won yes! thanks PV
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Its the sport that has us so addicted; the fact that we are not in the running now is largely inconsequential.
Can Canada buy Smashville Nashvegas? Do you have a lonely sister? :lol: :lol:
Living One Long Sunrise
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Colorado over San Jose 1-0 in OT, series now at 3-1 Sharks.

I just want different teams now. I'm tired of Colorado and Detroit (New Jersey is out already :)) . Canucks are out :( . Can't cheer for Toronto. Time to watch hockey for hockey's sake.

And what's the deal with Saturday afternoon hockey? I know ABC pays money so they get what they want, but jeez- I'd rather be outside because it's springtime. I missed all of last Saturday's games because I forgot about US televison. Well, at least there's no red trail left behind the puck. And John Davidson's pretty good. Anybody but Bob Cole/Harry Neale.

End rant.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

funky cm wrote:Canucks are out :( .
Not another Knucklehead fan?!?!? Yeesh, isn't it enough that I have to listen to my wife blab about the Knuckleheads all day long (she's from Pentiction)?!?!?! :lol:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!