More play-offs

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

More play-offs

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I know this won't mean a lot to those of you across the Atlantic, but I've got to get some of the excitement out of my system.

Its the Third Division play off this weekend and Mansfield Town have made them this year.

I know it won't mean anything to those of you in Torquay (Man Utd don't get involved in that sort of thing) or the rest of the country, but its a big deal for the people of Mansfield.

Go Stags.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
by-tor

Re: More play-offs

Post by by-tor »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Torquay
Hey!!! I know where that is. I wonder if Basil is still running the hotel. :lol:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Slaine mac Roth

I'm sorry, I'm from Barecelona
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Congrats, Slaine! :D It's great fun to have your team in the playoffs. Not that I know about that anymore, go Devils. :cry:

So for you? GO STAGS! 8)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Slaine mac Roth

Thanks PV. Its got to be better than the last time they made the play offs. They were beaten by Chesterfield who are only about 15 miles up the road. Oh the ignomy
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:I'm sorry, I'm from Barecelona
I was making reference to the show Fawlty Towers with John Cleese. He plays the part of Basil Fawlty and the hotel is located in Torquay.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Slaine mac Roth

I know. I was making a reference to Basil's comments about Manuel. I'm actually from Mansfield (or hell if your prefer)
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:I know. I was making a reference to Basil's comments about Manuel. I'm actually from Mansfield (or hell if your prefer)
Damn, I didn't catch that. Doh! :lol:
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:I know. I was making a reference to Basil's comments about Manuel. I'm actually from Mansfield (or hell if your prefer)
Don't mention the war...
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Slaine mac Roth

Eees a hamster
Slaine mac Roth

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

First leg of the play-off semi-finals today.

Northampton Town 0, Mansfield Town 2

This means we have a two goal advantage going into the second leg at home. Better still, soccer has something called the away goals rule which means, in a two-leg situation, away goals count extra should the aggregate scores be level. This means that Northampton have got to score 3 goals in the second leg. Which is at Mansfield.

When we win this, we'll have to play the winners of the other semi, probably at Cardiff. The winners will get promotion to the second division.

GO STAGS
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:Don't mention the war...
Yes you did, you invaded Poland!
Slaine mac Roth

Well, its the second leg tomorrow and, with a 2 goal advantage, we've got to be favourites to win.

Come on you Stags
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

what sport are we talking about?
Slaine mac Roth

Soccer. Just over two hours until the kick-off.