Go Lance!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Jedi Rush

Go Lance!

Post by Jedi Rush »

I hadn't seen anyone mention this yet, so I will - Go Lance!!
I really like watching the Tour each year, and I am a big fan of Armstrong. I do hope that he wins this year (again). I know this isn't a big sport in the US, but it can still be exciting to watch (even if you just watch the highlights - the good highlights, like on OLN, not ESPN).
Any other cycling fans out there?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am not a cycling fan, but I tend to read about him from time to time when he is in the paper. And DutchRush keeps me informed about the goings on.
Onward and Upward!
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

Lance is a fantastic sportsman! not only because he overcame cancer and all that, but there was always a bit of a hassle about him, for example in France (where the TOUR is about as holy as Jesus himself..) Some French journalists found it nessicary to accuse him, being on dope and such and that goes on and on and on...how do they even d?re! You're weren't " just" lucky winning the tour seven times in a row...and IF you had used any dope, of ?ny kind, in my opinion...you might have won some stagesss or even one single tour, but after that your body just h?d to deteriorate rapid -and drasticly I think. Nooooo...the French couldn't compete on Their tournement...indeed yeah! for s?ven years in a row! ...and blood is thicker than water eh? Well, it's a fact that the cycling season covers more than "just" the tour and Lance decided pretty early that he would skip many of these races in order to focus himself on the tour completely, which is his good right I think. Many peeps don't agree...they say it's not very European, let alone sporty...I think it's crap! Man had ?very right to...
Why am I picking this thread up again after such a long time? well easy, only two weeks ago I saw Lance busy running a marathon somewhere (where exactly I forgot the now, but ok..)
It was good to see him...I personally miss him cycling here in Europe, but I understand and respect his points...like said, A fantastic sportsman!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

DutchRush wrote: Why am I picking this thread up again after such a long time?
More like because you haven't been here! *razz*
Onward and Upward!
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

Oh good! you still have your sense of humor I see...
Say? does Zep ?ver say to you, "it's only good that the kids have your brains, 'cause I found out that I still have mine, B?"

;-) ;-) ;-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah, I still have my sense of humour. You're still alive, right? :evil:

*the sound of duct tape ripping fills the air*
Onward and Upward!
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

......welllllllllllllll...alive... :shock: h?rdly! :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh you're just fine. I can see that (and am glad of it).
Onward and Upward!