PANTHERS -- FIRST WIN OF THE ALMOST-SEASON!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

The Steelers cannot lose enough.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

but they can try. i think they've hosted the afc championship game (or something along those lines -- i don't have all the details)..like, 8 times i think, but haven't won it yet. still, that's pretty impressive!
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Correct. The Steelers did host the AFC Championship I think 3 times in the last decade and lost to the Chargers, Denver, and New England. Am I forgetting any? They haven't made it that far in the last 2 years, though, and I don't think they're positioned to this year, either.

Their shame is eclipsed by the hated Eagles who have lost three NFC Championships in a row. I've seen the Eagles picked to go to the SB this year but my guess is that they will not.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
happysmilies007

ok, well i was only (counts on fingers) 5 off! they're not a bad team, i just don't think they're quite at the top of their league just yet. the Eagles are an awesome team, but like the Eagles, i don't think it's their year.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

D'Anconia wrote:Correct. The Steelers did host the AFC Championship I think 3 times in the last decade and lost to the Chargers, Denver, and New England. Am I forgetting any? They haven't made it that far in the last 2 years, though, and I don't think they're positioned to this year, either.

Their shame is eclipsed by the hated Eagles who have lost three NFC Championships in a row. I've seen the Eagles picked to go to the SB this year but my guess is that they will not.
You forgot about the time they beat the Colts in 95. You know the one where Aaron Bailey caught the hail mary in the end zone as time expired and the refs called in incomplete. total BS.... He had possesion before it rolled off his chest.
Happy 2015!
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

Soup4Rush wrote:
D'Anconia wrote:Correct. The Steelers did host the AFC Championship I think 3 times in the last decade and lost to the Chargers, Denver, and New England. Am I forgetting any? They haven't made it that far in the last 2 years, though, and I don't think they're positioned to this year, either.

You forgot about the time they beat the Colts in 95. You know the one where Aaron Bailey caught the hail mary in the end zone as time expired and the refs called in incomplete. total BS.... He had possesion before it rolled off his chest.
Colts fans are still bummed that they didn't get the chance to lose to the Cowboys in the Super Bowl...

Carolyn, The Steelers have hosted the AFC Championship game 8 times as you stated, but they've been there 12 times, advanced to the Super Bowl 5 times and won the Super Bowl 4 times.
Kazz
happysmilies007

kazzman wrote:Carolyn, The Steelers have hosted the AFC Championship game 8 times as you stated, but they've been there 12 times, advanced to the Super Bowl 5 times and won the Super Bowl 4 times.
hooray! i was right! i was watching the game again on saturday & i thought that's what they'd said. they were saying the Steelers were a great team, just sad that they'd hosted it so many times & fallen short. the Panthers've been alive for 10 yrs & already been to the big SB..i'm real proud! :-D

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Soup4Rush wrote:

True. I was thinking about the Steelers' losses.

Kazzman is right. My beloved Cowboys would have beaten the Colts. They didn't have a real QB then, unlike now.
Regards,
Bri

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

happysmilies007 wrote:
kazzman wrote:Carolyn, The Steelers have hosted the AFC Championship game 8 times as you stated, but they've been there 12 times, advanced to the Super Bowl 5 times and won the Super Bowl 4 times.
hooray! i was right! i was watching the game again on saturday & i thought that's what they'd said. they were saying the Steelers were a great team, just sad that they'd hosted it so many times & fallen short. the Panthers've been alive for 10 yrs & already been to the big SB..i'm real proud! :-D

Please, we beat you in week 3 the following year and Dallas pretty much had the same team as they did from the Super Bowl. Yeah I am still bummed. We would have given Dallas a better game than the Steelers did. oh well....Tis the life of a Colt fan... :(
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

Soup4Rush wrote:Please, we beat you in week 3 the following year and Dallas pretty much had the same team as they did from the Super Bowl. Yeah I am still bummed. We would have given Dallas a better game than the Steelers did. oh well....Tis the life of a Colt fan... :(
who's "you"? are you talking about the Panthers? cause the Steelers aren't my team! but yeah, that sucks for you man, i'm really sorry! :cry:

psupower

Post by psupower »

We have a feeling, pittsburgh going to the superbowl, here we go...
" Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
Children growing up, old friends growing older
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger "