PANTHERS -- FIRST WIN OF THE ALMOST-SEASON!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

happysmilies007

PANTHERS -- FIRST WIN OF THE ALMOST-SEASON!

Post by happysmilies007 »

i'm so happy!! THEY WON!! i know they've got tougher opponents to win against & all y'all Panther-haters are gonna say "well they went into ot..that's not a good sign"..correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't overtime what they won a good percentage of their games in last season?? i think it's what they do best: build up the suspense & then make a close shave during the 4th quarter or overtime.

any thoughts?? if anybody's interested, their next game is on thursday the 19th at 8pm against NY. it's a home game..the first *HOME* game of the season! yippee!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I can't really talk any trash about the Panthers as they beat the Colts in OT last year, I was there for the heartbreak as the bid to stay undefeated went up in smoke. I still am in shock as to how the Colts lost that game. I can't make excuses other than the blown call of the interception on the Panthers goal line. I did root for them in the Super Bowl because I hate the New England Chowerheads errrrrr Patriots.... but hey!!! Its a new season..... out with the old and in with the new. I wonder how the Colts will fare against the Chowds, now that assault and battery has been out"LAW"ed in the secondary.... **Soup4Rush goes back to his hole and waits to get ripped by his ole nemeis, PV**
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Preseason means less than nothing. All any team wants is to get out without injury.

The real season begins in a few weeks.

RAM DOMINATION: Coming Your Way Soon...
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:Preseason means less than nothing. All any team wants is to get out without injury.

The real season begins in a few weeks.

RAM DOMINATION: Coming Your Way Soon...

Not until you get rid of Martz
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

everybody's told me preseason means nothing, too, but i think it's a good indicator of how the team's gonna do in that season.

i doubt the Panthers are gonna make it to the Superbowl again, but i'm not givin' up on em! i think they've got it in them, but then again so does every other team in the NFL. they're still a fabulous team & i'd love to see them make it at least to the playoffs again.

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

happysmilies007 wrote:everybody's told me preseason means nothing, too, but i think it's a good indicator of how the team's gonna do in that season.

i doubt the Panthers are gonna make it to the Superbowl again, but i'm not givin' up on em! i think they've got it in them, but then again so does every other team in the NFL. they're still a fabulous team & i'd love to see them make it at least to the playoffs again.

Not trying to dog on the Panthers or anything, but quite honestly I don't even see the them taking the NFC South this year. Believe it or not (and I don't get optimistic about the Saints often), I think the Saints are going to take the division.

The Saints beefed up a bit on defense, and if Brooks can hold on to the ball, the offense is pretty much unstopable. My Prediction 11-5

Delhome won't be as in control this year with some of the defenses they'll be playing. 9-7

Atlanta...well, they only have Vick, and it's only a matter of time before someone or someteam takes him out. 6-10

The Bucs? They're in shambles...no Sapp, no Johnson, and a pin-head for a coach. 4-12
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
happysmilies007

by-tor wrote:Not trying to dog on the Panthers or anything, but quite honestly I don't even see the them taking the NFC South this year. Believe it or not (and I don't get optimistic about the Saints often), I think the Saints are going to take the division.
when pigs fly is when the saints'll go over the Panthers. pff.
by-tor wrote:Delhome won't be as in control this year with some of the defenses they'll be playing. 9-7
ahem?? #17 isn't the entire team, dude! Carolina has defense too, y'know! besides, didja see the game last night? sure, the only thing happening on the giant's offense is manning (and warner, for the 2nd half), but the Panthers held their ground pretty well. i was especially impressed with the 3 consecutive sacks us Cats made .. Mark Fields is one amazing man. 2/3 of those were his, & to think he had Hodgekins (spell?) disease last year.
by-tor wrote:The Bucs? They're in shambles...no Sapp, no Johnson, and a pin-head for a coach. 4-12
you're telling me. no arguments here, man. even though he was a good player, i'm not exactly disappointed to see sapp go. he wasn't the greatest team player & was always griping about something. not qualities you look for in your def tackle.

anyways, i disagree with all you skeptics about my team .. y'all just need to watch their game against the giants. eli manning & kurt warner couldn't get past Jake Delhomme & Chris Weinke anyway, & with all the sacking going on, i'm surprised they made it to 20. i just wish people would give the Panthers a chance. they're not just a fluke, people. they're the real thing, just nobody believes it cause they were 1-15 not too long ago. nobody realizes their potential. give em a chance, guys!

i'm looking forward to seeing the game against NE next saturday at 8pm..y'all'd better be watching..i think quote a few people will be just to see who'll win..i can guarantee ya it's gonna be the CAROLINA PANTHERS this time, folks. they're back & better than ever this season!

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:I can't really talk any trash about the Panthers as they beat the Colts in OT last year, I was there for the heartbreak as the bid to stay undefeated went up in smoke. I still am in shock as to how the Colts lost that game. I can't make excuses other than the blown call of the interception on the Panthers goal line. I did root for them in the Super Bowl because I hate the New England Chowerheads errrrrr Patriots.... but hey!!! Its a new season..... out with the old and in with the new. I wonder how the Colts will fare against the Chowds, now that assault and battery has been out"LAW"ed in the secondary.... **Soup4Rush goes back to his hole and waits to get ripped by his ole nemeis, PV**
Sour grapes there Soup? Go Pats!
EndlesslyRocking

YYZ30 wrote: Sour grapes there Soup? Go Pats!
Go Pats? Ugh...where's that Barfing smilie when you need it?
happysmilies007

YYZ30 wrote:Go Pats!
GO CATS IN BIGGER FONT!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

YYZ30 wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:I can't really talk any trash about the Panthers as they beat the Colts in OT last year, I was there for the heartbreak as the bid to stay undefeated went up in smoke. I still am in shock as to how the Colts lost that game. I can't make excuses other than the blown call of the interception on the Panthers goal line. I did root for them in the Super Bowl because I hate the New England Chowerheads errrrrr Patriots.... but hey!!! Its a new season..... out with the old and in with the new. I wonder how the Colts will fare against the Chowds, now that assault and battery has been out"LAW"ed in the secondary.... **Soup4Rush goes back to his hole and waits to get ripped by his ole nemeis, PV**
Sour grapes there Soup? Go Pats!
Yes
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
Nice ER!!! we have something in common.
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

happysmilies007 wrote:when pigs fly is when the saints'll go over the Panthers. pff.
Oh, it's happend quite a few times already....does your pork have wings?
happysmilies007 wrote:ahem?? #17 isn't the entire team, dude! Carolina has defense too, y'know! besides, didja see the game last night? sure, the only thing happening on the giant's offense is manning (and warner, for the 2nd half), but the Panthers held their ground pretty well. i was especially impressed with the 3 consecutive sacks us Cats made .. Mark Fields is one amazing man. 2/3 of those were his, & to think he had Hodgekins (spell?) disease last year.
He is the 'leader' though. I like Jake and all, but I just don't think he has what it takes. It's nothing personal against him or the Panthers. And as it's been said so many times here, pre-season is meaningless. The best year the Saints ever had (12-4), they were 0-4 in the pre-season. The worst year they ever had (1-15), they were 3-0 in the pre-season. The best you can hope for out of pre-season is that nobody gets injured. The Panthers have a long tough road ahead of them this year.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
happysmilies007

by-tor wrote:He is the 'leader' though. I like Jake and all, but I just don't think he has what it takes. It's nothing personal against him or the Panthers. And as it's been said so many times here, pre-season is meaningless. The best year the Saints ever had (12-4), they were 0-4 in the pre-season. The worst year they ever had (1-15), they were 3-0 in the pre-season. The best you can hope for out of pre-season is that nobody gets injured. The Panthers have a long tough road ahead of them this year.
well you know what? nobody else thinks Jake'll be able to handle the pressure, but i have faith in him. i know he will. they might not make it to the SB this year, but i know they'll do good. they are a LOT more coordinated this year, especially Jake. he was 11/13 against the giants!!

anyways..i guesh we'll find out december 5th if my pork'll sprout wings, eh? :P

EndlesslyRocking

Soup4Rush wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:
Nice ER!!! we have something in common.
SOUP: yes the Patriots represent all that is evil in the world. Stupid, fat Patriots! Hates them, HATES THEM!.