College football is back!!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

College football is back!!!

Post by by-tor »

Hey ER, you cheering for my Tigers Saturday, right? :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

Re: College football is back!!!

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

by-tor wrote:Hey ER, you cheering for my Tigers Saturday, right? :twisted:
Oh, yeah...um...sure I am...just as hard as you cheered for the Trojans Saturday.

GO BEAVERS!
:twisted:

Actually, it would be divine justice if Southern Cal and LSU finished 1-2, so we could settle the argument Oklahoma stuck their big noses in....
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
by-tor

Re: College football is back!!!

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:Oh, yeah...um...sure I am...just as hard as you cheered for the Trojans Saturday.

GO BEAVERS!
:twisted:
But the Condoms didn't play an SEC team then. I figured that with your star WR gone, you'll need help winning the PAC-10. :razz:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:Actually, it would be divine justice if Southern Cal and LSU finished 1-2, so we could settle the argument Oklahoma stuck their big noses in....

LSU lost a lot on defense...may not be the same team this year.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

Need help winning the Pac-10?

It's a little early in the day to be drinking, don't you think?

:?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I would cut in with a Notre Dame crack, but I would get creamed, so I won't. Maybe half way into the season I might be able to, but somehow I doubt it. Oh for the glory days...
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Soup4Rush wrote:I would cut in with a Notre Dame crack, but I would get creamed, so I won't. Maybe half way into the season I might be able to, but somehow I doubt it. Oh for the glory days...
The best football game I ever went to: 1974, USC Vs. Notre Dame at the Coliseum.

USC, losing 24-0, scores 55 points in 17 minutes. I was in the end zone where Davis scored on the second half kick-off. I was 8 years old.

Trojans 55
Fighting Irish 24

:)
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I am hard pressed to remember the last time Notre Dame beat SC.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Cornhuskers baby, all the way.
This space for rent
EndlesslyRocking

Well by-tor you and your LSU cronies must have been rubbing your Rosaries extra hard yesterday. It would have been better for us if OSU had pulled it out (opponents/quality wins/ all that BCS bullshit).

Be warned though, I think you guys used up your good luck for the whole season.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:Well by-tor you and your LSU cronies must have been rubbing your Rosaries extra hard yesterday. It would have been better for us if OSU had pulled it out (opponents/quality wins/ all that BCS bullshit).

Be warned though, I think you guys used up your good luck for the whole season.
OSU came to play ball, that's for sure. One thing about being on top the previous season, you always get the A game of all the teams you play the next season. It's not often that the Tigers have to work in Death Valley.

Some of my fears were realized though...the loss of key defensive players hurt. Losing players like Clayton, and Henderson at the WR slot hurt. But the part that suprised me was the void created by the loss of QB Matt Mauck. He wasn't the greatest of QB's...I mean he was steady, and poised, but an average arm at best. With any luck, Saban will stick with the Freshman QB (who played the second half and OT). He started the 5th year senior, but the kid had no rythmn. Neither have experience, so I'd rather go with the Freshman, less we have to use an inexperienced QB next year too.
EndlesslyRocking

I agree LSU's starting QB had no rhythm at all.

We do have to make a bit of a concession for that crazy weather.

What are the odds that a kicker misses 3 extra points? That's one of those those games you just say "It's win, it's good enough" and move on.

I liked Saban's comments after the game: we have to get better in every phase. Honesty is good.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

There wasn't much else he could say...they stunk up the joint....LSU was a 21 point favorite. It'll hurt them in the human polls.
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i was a little disappointed in the way LSU played yesterday, but..

GO GATORS!

:-D :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

happysmilies007 wrote:i was a little disappointed in the way LSU played yesterday, but..

GO GATORS!

:-D :-D

carolynn :evil:
Ya know, you can call me an asshole....you can kick my dog....you can steal my money....but saying that will get you banned. :razz: :twisted: :-D
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

psupower, help me out here...

WE ARE
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart