Record Show

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

wcp

Record Show

Post by wcp »

Hello all,

I went toa record show today in my town, it was rather small but very fun! all sorts of records, cd's, dvd's, and oher music stuff!

here is what i saw! some stuff was over priced. Rush bobble heads, used 100$ ummmmm about 20-30 different Rush posters/flyers/promo papers i would have bought a couple of older posters BUT! they were 30 bucks and not in the greatest condition, if they were cheaper i would have bought some. also there were those Rock and Roll Comic books! but no Rush :( however i did buy one about Queen and one about the Who which are both cool for 10 bucks each. i also bought a glossy photo of Alex and geddy form the 80's period for 5 bucks!

they had lost of Rush albums (overpriced) such as permanent waves, used and scratched for 15 bucks pffft. i got one for 5 in better condition.
anyway there was a lot of other rush paper collectables, other singles and like photos and umm an invitation to a video party or something.
as well they had collectable rush albums! such as completly red records, completly clear records, some Hold Your Fire ones with different pictures on them, they were however to much money for me, 100-75 dollars (don't have enough right now) the record show is comming back in april and i may save up enough to get one of the albums

BUT! i have a question anyone knowing of Rush rarities can ya tell me anything about these albums? are they actually worth the price (all prices in Canadian dollars by the way)

thanks! the record show was fun! can't wait for the next

thanks for the info
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ged ahold of H3WMW if you can and ask him. He has such things in his collection.
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Another good person to try is Jim from Resist. He seems pretty knowlegeable about Rush collectables and has got a pretty decent colection himself
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
wcp

Post by wcp »

thank you both, i shall be looking into it
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And let us know what you find out, Sonny.
Onward and Upward!
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Used bobbleheads? What do you use them for?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

bobbling?
Onward and Upward!