Shu, A Question?

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Yestermorrow

Shu, A Question?

Post by Yestermorrow »

What day is St. Andrews Day? We can don kilts and drink the whiskey of the highlands! I can hear The Campbells Are Coming already... and we can weep over the beauty of Amazing Grace done piper style.

Be forgetting that idea about serving haggis though! I once knew a piper, and a glorious thing he was all dressed in the Black Watch, tell me that Celtic food was not a cuisine... it was a dare.

Alas, I dinna know him well enough to find out what was worn under the plaid...
schuette

Post by schuette »

it's on the 30th of November.....and we dont really eat haggis that day as that's usually on Burn's Day........although I eat haggis anytime.
My brother was a piper and I had to grow up trying to watch telly while he was playing in the hall..........very annoying as a child...
and to ask what they wear under their kilt...just ask if they're a true Scotsman :-D

oh and as you can see from my avatar I try to dress my son in the kilt as often as possible.......birthday's and stuff like that as he'll soon be too big for it :(

and another oh...........the Anderson tartan is much better but then I'm biased :-D
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

Great! That gives me a bit to find some blue face paint! Party in November!

ps... I always suspected William Wallace went commando. Does he have a special day?
schuette

Post by schuette »

nope he doesn't...but he should have!
As for the blue paint, I'll try to get the pic scanned in of when Jade and Cameron got the Saltire painted on their faces when they were wee........they looked well cool :-D
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

I can't wait!