Bright Images Flashing By...

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Bright Images Flashing By...

Post by PV »

When I hear certain songs, whether they be by Rush or another band, I have "bright images flashing by" of memories associated with the song. (I hope that made some sense!) For instance, when I hear "Secret Touch" I always picture the dude in the 3rd row at the Philadelphia VT concert who was jumping up and down pumping his arms. Or when I hear "Red Barchetta" I can't help but flash to the video when Neil tosses his drum stick. But the best is "Night In White Satin" by the Moody Blues. I can hear Mom's voice in my head every time saying, "What is that sweet smell?" when we were at a MB concert together. :lol: Oh Mom...

So, what images or memories do you have when you hear certain songs?
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Mostly makes me have an urge to drink, smoke or fuck :lol:
I do see little lights floating around in space and can see a glow around some people really not kidding and when I'm sober and straight that's what drives me to drink the voices oh help me the images shit I need a drink get away I say stop it go to the light stop bothering me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I do the same thing. Sometimes I think of childhood memories. Sometimes I flash back to gigs. Sometimes I remember to pray for someone. But, yes, this does make sense.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Certain U2 songs make me remember being a little kid...Rush makes me think of all sorts of things...like how Geddy looked dancing around the stage ~sigh~ :D Subdivisions makes me think of a city at night and things in my past both good and bad...I love that song. Afterimmage allways reminds me of my little dog :(
We're all mad here!
Sympho

Post by Sympho »

Music (and scents too) make you Feel and memorise things from the past.. that's the beauty of it..
Not a lot of things can do that quite as emotional as music can..

That's one of the reasons I love music

It never let's you down. It's always there, with the same emotional power.
Like your best friend..

Music can make you cry..

.. so .. folksss.. enjoy!

Go away
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Afterimage and Time stand still, seem to make me remember someone i once knew.

Prime mover, very interesting often stirs up memories of my optimistic moments, these are few, but remembering some happier moments seems to help.

Journey's ask the lonely, i can see all my partings, my mother moving, all my best friends that seem to have an afinity to move after our paths cross .. rather strange i am a dirivng away force it would seem.

Freewill, i will never forget the day my music teacher cut us from the battle of the bands because i didn't "sing enouhg like geddy" i yelled sorry i can't sing like geddy lee sir!. we were the only band cut, the best of talent too, all we saught was the feeling you get from the crowd!
Mr. Potatoe Head

4 way window pane... in a snow storm so says Mr. Natural
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

mmmm window panes :D
We're all mad here!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

you eat window panes?
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Smoke on the water reminds me of the time...............(flashback sequence)...

One night in 1974 I sat on my bed playing my little acoustic guitar with only 3 strings . After watching my friend's older Brother Jack and his band "Cypress" play at school dances and various other occasions for a year I was addicted to learning my instrument . Although it had only the "E", "A", and "D" string it transported me to another place . It was as though I was in a trance , growing more confident with every new chord .
To this day I cannot recall this next bit , but my Brother tells me my Mother came in several times yelling at me to stop playing , it's getting late . Normally I obeyed her orders without question or hesitation (nuts :shock: ) so I can't imagine what made me continue ... must have been the trance . Long about 3am I was quietly strumming the riff to Smoke On The Water when the door burst open . Mom charged in screaming . She grabbed the neck of the guitar, and in a style that would make Ritchie Blackmore jealous , brought the body down on the bed's footboard smashing it to bits .
I didn't speak to her for quite a while , and I'm not sure I ever forgave her for that unnecessary mode of psychotic discipline. I think that's also why I've played guitar every day since, and love to write revenge songs.

Oh, yeah...and Lakeside Park reminds me of cotton candy.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

lol that last part makes you sound nuts lol
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Zivo is nuts, welcome to By-Tor.com
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

In By-tor and the Snow Dog on All The World's..."Of The Battle", the quiet-at-first part with the guitar swells, etc. reminds me of
Red Windowpane.

Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:D :D :D

Scars makes me think of tripping at a theme park :shock: Ahhh the echos...scars of pleasure scars of pain...my trip went like a roller coaster...pleasure to pain to pleasure AAAAaaaaa torture!!!! :shock:
We're all mad here!
Mr. Potatoe Head

bright images fade away always remembering those live long days
A river of sorrow oh to love again rest and remember love is in your heart
peace be with you know that love will always be in your heart