DND geeks outpost

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

DND geeks outpost

Post by Sir Myghin »

I am curious to see if we have any fellow DND players? doubt i'll find many amongst the mostly adult population, if noone replies i deem you too cowardly to suck up your pride and admite geekdom!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Not here. I played it once. Once.
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Let's see, I might have been playing since before you were born (started when I was about 12...around 1980). Still play twice a week.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
wcp

Post by wcp »

i have never played but i would like to try
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

My current "big baddie" is a dual classed human. 12th priest (cleric) of Ares / 10th level fighter (frozen at 10th due to switching classes). Chaotic Evil....basically an anti-palladin. Uses a +4 vorpal bastard sword, which also is 9 lives stealer (three lives absorbed), intelligent, also follows Ares. Recently turned down an offer to become a champion of Ares to continue playing with the group (becoming a champion would have set this character out on his own). Carrying quite a few magic items, such as, guantlets of frost giant strenght, +5 ring of protection, +5 drow chain mail, helm of non-detection, ring of enhanced infra-vision, ring of water breathing, boots of speed, etc.

Unknown to the other party members, Jagr (the character) commands a fairly large army of undead (mostly skeletons, but I do control 3 wraiths)....they wouldn't be too happy with my dealing with the undead....hell, they have barely gotten over the fact that I side with the Drow from time to time.

Course, I'm not always a bad guy...my character in our Tuesday game is a Lawful Good palladin of Apollo. And if he and Jagr were to meet up, he would be duty bound to turn Jagr good, or slay him. But, since Romnokof is only 6th level, he would end up on Jagr's sacrifical alter. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
wcp

Post by wcp »

this is a board game right? how do you remember all this stuff from week to week?
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

No board game. Done with dice, a DM/GM (dungeon master/game master; person who runs the campaign), character sheets (could just be a piece of paper where you jot down your character's stats/abilities/possessions/etc), books (players handbook, monster manual, etc.), and above all, a vivid imagination.

If you so desire, you can view Jagr's character sheet....

http://www.by-tor.com/downloads/Jagr.doc
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i finally rallied a group of school people myself and play weekly on fridays, our campaign consists of an evil and a good, i Dm the evil lol.

both are pretty close to hitting epic. In one i play a to be demilich sorcerror, in the other a 18th Paladin of Moradin , noticed you play by greek gods, heh its all good we play by DND panthenon. I personally prefer to play the good campaign because i'm not an evil bastard, but its a good contrast you can be strict then let lose, or visa versa.

we are also the newer age so we play 3rd adition, particularly 3.5 because we keep with the times. you are playing second edition right?

we've had some pretty imaginative spurts. Not to mention my friend put on a belt of charisma +1 ( also cursed with gender changing, and accepted the curse) he is now a woman in the campaign, enver fail to get a laugh from that.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Is this the place that I'm suppose to wish I'm double jointed and suck up to my-self and piss my pants in a pompouus way?
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Sir Myghin wrote:we are also the newer age so we play 3rd adition, particularly 3.5 because we keep with the times. you are playing second edition right?
More like version 1.5. We use mostly first edition rules, but use things from second edition like proficiencies, some of the monsters, and the added spells. I've been playing with this same core group (4 of us) for about 12 years now, and we have 'straglers' from time to time. Our Sunday game has the core, GM'ed by one of them, and two fairly new comers. The Tuesday game is GM'ed by one of the other core, and we have another player who's been with us for about 4 years now.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

wow we often wonder about first edition we could never find anything for it books nothing we just knew it was there and nothing about it. lol. the only aspec i find 3rd edition is really missing was critical misses, but we put then in anyway, make everything much more fun.
AnalogK

Post by AnalogK »

I haven't Played D&D, but I have played the Playstation Game :twisted: "Deathtrap Dungeon" :twisted: which has a lot of similarities.
Rush on! AnalogK....aka "The Count"

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

About the only place you can find the first edition books now is on eBay, or on Kazaa in PDF format.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

besides my phb my books are in pdf, lol ARRR its the pirates life for me ARR