Dumb Laws

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Dumb Laws

Post by schuette »

Scotland:
You may not fish on Sundays for salmon.
It is illegal to be a drunk in possession of a cow.
Trespassing on someone else's land is legal.
If someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your commode, you must let them enter.

New Jersey:
It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.
You cannot pump your own gas. All gas stations are full service and full service only.
It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
It is against the law to "frown" at a police officer.
If you have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, you may never again apply for personalized license plates.
You may not slurp your soup.
Automobiles are not to pass horse drawn carriages on the street.
It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.
Spray paint may not be sold without a posted sign warning juveliles of the penalty for creating graffiti.
All motorists must honk before passing another car, bicyclist, skater, and even a skateboarder

Ohio:
In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker's stand, you can be fined $25.00.
Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.
It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
The Ohio driver's education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.
Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.
Breast feeding is not allowed in public.
It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.
It is illegal to mistreat anything of great importance.
No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July

New York:
A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it. That rarely happens, since one party regularly says "no" to the other, or there wouldn't be a reason to dissolve the marriage. If one of the spouses says "no" to the divorce, the other party has to prove that the spouse saying "no" was at fault. Fault could be one of four terrible things. If the spouse has abandoned the other spouse, that is, left the house for a year or if there hasn't been sexual relations for a year (how do you prove that?). Another one of the four terrible things, an oft cited fault, is to assert that the spouse has treated the other spouse with physical or mental cruelty. This is usually the case in most deteriorating marriages, but for the court's purposes, yelling and screaming is not usually enough; pictures of bruises taken in the emergency room might suffice. Divorce will be easy if the spouse has been imprisoned for two or three years. Much more difficult is the last fault, adultery. This keeps a lot of private detectives in business, since lipstick on the collar is not proof. It also means that lawyers get paid to "prove" fault, or on the other side, to show how lame the opposing side's "fault" claim is.
A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 P.M.

for more Dumb Laws...go here
http://www.dumblaws.com/index.html
Devil's Advocate

Re: Dumb Laws

Post by Devil's Advocate »

schuette wrote:Ohio:
Isn't Ohio landlocked?
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Yes, we are landlocked. No whales at all! That law is as stupid as the one where you can only "do it" in the missionary position :lol:
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

It's a good thing I've never stayed in Ohio! I'd be in SO much trouble! :shock:
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

You can't kill people for being stupid.

That's the worst one...

:evil:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Panacea wrote:
It's a good thing I've never stayed in Ohio! I'd be in SO much trouble!

More trouble than you know! :D
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Any law making doobige illegal is really fucking stupid. Making acid a felony is stupid too. :evil:
We're all mad here!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.
why would you be worried about breaking the law while killing someones?

wheres ohio get whales?

and xan, drugs are for sissies
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Kalamazoo

It is against the law to serenade your girlfriend.

haha take that snow dog
PV
Site Admin

Re: Dumb Laws

Post by PV »

schuette wrote:New Jersey:

You cannot pump your own gas. All gas stations are full service and full service only.
You know it!!! :D Gotta love being able to stay in your nice warm car when it is 10 degrees out and snowing. Or vice versa, staying in the nice cool car when it's 100 degrees out. 8)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

New Jersey:
Same in Oregon. Anyone remember how Neil handled this? lol!
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

and xan, drugs are for sissies
I'm not a strait guy or Lebanese so I don't care :wink:
We're all mad here!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I don't know, I heard something about New Jersey banning Ben Affleck...?
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:
New Jersey:
Same in Oregon. Anyone remember how Neil handled this? lol!
what did neil do?
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

SEX LAWS

In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death. (Like THAT makes sense)

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but Is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.

Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This Also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times. (A brick??)

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation. (Wonder which head?)

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time... Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry. (Let's just think for a minute. Is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired. (Ah! Justice!)

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England - but only in Tropical fish stores. (But of course!)

In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act. (Makes one shudder at the thought)

In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time. (I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?)

In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines, with one exception: prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises." (Is this a great country or what? ... But not as great as Guam!)