this made me laugh..

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

this made me laugh..

Post by schuette »

this place was slow :evil: ....so I went for a browse about.
I tried an online test site thingy....and did the Depression Test.....after being told that I was not depressed....phewwwww :roll: ....there was hints and shit about what to do if you were depressed.
To me anyway ...this is funny as :lol: ....ohhhhh to live in a world with rose-tinted glasses....

10 ways to be and stay happy

1. Make a list of things that make you happy. Focusing on what makes us happy has a way of, well... making us happy!
2. Keep things in perspective. Think back to other times that you felt this down - did they always warrant such a strong reaction? This is not to beat yourself up about the past, but to realize that you have and can again survive situations that you thought were too much too handle.
3. Imagine yourself smiling. Smiling sends an internal message that all is well. Go ahead -- What have you got to lose, a bad mood?
4. Be here now! Take small steps. If, for example, your mood may brighten just by stepping outside routine, and reaching for a small spontaneous moment. Here's a hint: Start small. Watch puppies, kittens and small children. Watch...and learn.
5. Release anger, envy & resentment! This are self-destructive. We hold them, intending to throw them at someone, but they never really leave us.
6. Forgive! Forgiveness is something we do as much for our own healing as for that of the other. It is NOT acceptance of abuse or permission for an action, but a release of an act's affect on you.
7. Let go and laugh. When you feel negativity building, seek out the things that make you laugh - a funny movie, a joke, a favorite website, a goofy friend -or plan a "mood music get together" with friends: Score each other one point for thinking up true 'Feel-Good' songs. (e.g. "I Feel Good"--James Brown).
8. Write Thank You notes! Keep a journal of all the people and things you are thankful for. This is especially helpful on rough days. Why not take five minutes and contribute to someone else's happiness? You will like yourself better for doing it which is, by the way, one of the true secrets to happiness!
9. Avoid depression triggers. If there are unhealthy people or places in your life, consider decreasing their role. You'll find that the better you feel about yourself, the more naturally this will occur: If you treat yourself well, you won't settle for anyone that doesn't.
10. Shake that body! Exercise is a great way to avoid or alleviate depressive symptoms. The body and mind are strongly connected, and neglecting either will have negative consequences. You may want to join an aerobics class where you can meet new people or take up yoga or meditation.
wcp

Post by wcp »

well that's interesting, hmm wonder if it works.
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

wcp wrote:well that's interesting, hmm wonder if it works.
Dunno....why don't you find out and tell me, eh?

*Stalking Craiggy-poo*
Sir Red

Post by Sir Red »

Very Interesting

The only way to be and stay happy

Stay Drunk and avoid the hangover.... :twisted: :twisted:

Red
Tommy43sl

Post by Tommy43sl »

whats the secret to avoiding a hangover,, Stay Drunk????? :lol:
Statue of Liberty 100 yr Birthday Image and the World Trade Center Stood Tall (double click for larger view)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

At the risk of sounding lame and getting ripped apart here, let me just say I have to agree with this list. Well, all except for the exercise one. :lol:

I am always being "accused" of being Miss Half Glass Full and my current job is to help a dear dear friend learn to Find the Good in all situations. For example... Running around unsuccessfully to find something at the store could be looked not as a waste of time but as time out of the house alone and not dealing with kids. :lol:

I have learned that getting stressed over things you simply can't control and holding grudges do no good what-so-ever. Just let it go! I feel I am a pretty happy person and I love life. It's so much nicer this way! I've tried the Spazzing Method and it's simply too much work. I'm not up for that. I have better things to do with my time! Like play here? :oops:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

We can be lame together, PV, because I agree with the list too. :D Many of those are good suggestions. I have a dear friend helping me learn not to spazz, and it really does make life easier. Also, I think most of us at By-Tor will say we are glad you choose to spend your time playing here! :D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Sympho

Post by Sympho »

ahahahah?
Go away
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

What a cool thread. One of the oldest around and one of the most helpful.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I thought that Schu had come back because when I opened it today I saw it said the post was made on 20 November, but then I saw the year.

She posted this five years ago today! LOL
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Wow, I hadn't even noticed that! Schpooky. :shock:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))