Guitar reviews

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Fretboard hand, and I believe it is two tips actually.

Most amazing and inspirational story he has. Quite respectable. He is surely not one to give up.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

absolutely...his "handicap" makes it really difficult to play in EXACTLY his style...you can get close, but... :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:sweet yyz!!! I'm looking at some myself....I really like them, but wonder how they stand up to the Gibsons...There's gotta be a tradeoff somewhere...I love the Cherry Sunburst LP Customs...I'm a tremolo freak though, and would miss that with a LP....on the other hand, with a LP I could throw away all my effects and stompboxes and plug in direct to the amp....like THIN LIZZY....WOOHOO!
Its just as heavy...the pickups sound a bit thinner, but I run with a ton of distortion anyways, so I dont notice it as much...I have pictures somewhere, I'll find em later.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

i gotcha.....I'm seriously looking into it, but the Kramer's got me in the zone until that time comes...Don't know why they ever stopped making them(Kramers)...I mean, they started making them again, but not here...they farmed them out to Japan...I heard Jackson did the same thing....I have a Charvel A/E dreadnaught that was made here, so I feel fortunate in that department...
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Pics of me guitar....

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

awip2062 wrote:Fretboard hand, and I believe it is two tips actually.

Most amazing and inspirational story he has. Quite respectable. He is surely not one to give up.
Because his mum made him go to work on his last day before quitting for Sabbath.

Thanks mum! :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh, my son would snatch that up and play it!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

What's the "5" all about?
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

It is an arabic numeral, Bro.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

So it is a Muslim guitar?
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Not all Arabians are Muslim.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

very cool guitar YYZ...I did some research over the weekend, and found the tradeofff (Epi vs. Gibson)...

The Epi LP's are made in Korea now, and the bodies are a wee bit thinner than the Gibson...The reviewer also found a little "dull spot" in the second octave of the fretboard, but other than that gave it a favorable review...

They liked the Epi SG's too, but said the tone was not as good as the Epi LP...he also stressed that you get the stop tailpiece adjusted at a shop, as the factory does NO adjustments for you!) Epi leaves the stoptail set at a severe angle from the factory, and string breakage is more likely unless you get it adjusted... the whole guitar is mahogany too, instead of having the rosewood fretboard...

One question: Pete Townshend used to have "numbered" LP's when he was with The Who....Is that the reasoning behins the "number 5" on the guitar, or is it the 5th guitar you own or something? Just wondering...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Here is what I play mainly:

A Jackson Dinky with double-lockign trem (love the DLT and hate it) and an Ibanez SR405. Bear keeps reminding me it has one too many strings.

These are some of the other guitars we have:

Some are mine, some are the kids.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

cool...I like the Fenders and the Jacksons, but what's the ccol one in the middle? Never saw one 'o those before...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That is a guitar that Me had in his attic for many years and he gave it to us. The company that made it is Lafayette, and it is quite similar to the Ibanez JTK1 Jet King. I have been thinking of looking the guitar up on the net, and maybe now I will.