Finn Brothers UK Tour

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Fridge

Finn Brothers UK Tour

Post by Fridge »

Caught them at the Usher Hall, Edinburgh the other week, and had mixed feelings about the gig.

To begin with, they had Minnie Driver ??? supporting who was about as interesting as watching a plank warp (nice to look at though...)

The Finn Brothers were as ever, excellent, but only played for an hour and a half, and didn't play nearly enough Crowded House classics

Aside from that, pretty good...
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
schuette

Post by schuette »

I need to get out more often as this is another band I've never heard of :shock: ..... I've heard of Minnie Driver though ;-) she was on Jonathon Ross, Parky or Frank Skinner (cant remember which one) and she was okaish dont know if I could listen to more than a couple of songs though
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

schuette wrote:I need to get out more often as this is another band I've never heard of :shock: ..... I've heard of Minnie Driver though ;-) she was on Jonathon Ross, Parky or Frank Skinner (cant remember which one) and she was okaish dont know if I could listen to more than a couple of songs though
Schuette, they were the main songwriting partnership for Crowded House, who were notable for the hits "Weather With You and "Don't Dream its Over"...sheer quality. They actually in turn were an offshoot of Split Enz, who you may well have heard of...
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
schuette

Post by schuette »

shit........I really need to get out more... :???:
but I've heard of and like Crowded House :-)