Queen Tour

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

wcp

Queen Tour

Post by wcp »

Hello All!

great news for any Queen fans. Queen has announced that they will be touring in the spring of 2005 with Paul Rogers from Bad Company. Both Paul Rogers and Queen songs will be played and i for one and greatly looking forward to it! i hope they do an American leg of the tour.

http://queen-fip.com/index2.php
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
3 travelers

Re: Queen Tour

Post by 3 travelers »

wcp wrote:Hello All!

great news for any Queen fans. Queen has announced that they will be touring in the spring of 2005 with Paul Rogers from Bad Company. Both Paul Rogers and Queen songs will be played and i for one and greatly looking forward to it! i hope they do an American leg of the tour.

http://queen-fip.com/index2.php
That sounds freakin' incredible!
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

I like Paul Rogers and I really like Queen, but I cannot imagine Paul singing Queen songs.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Well he's certainly better than the last two names thatr were trotted out: Robbie Williams and George Micheal (pauses for collective shudder).

I think it will work well - Paul Rodgers is one of the most talented and most emotive singers of all time with a voice that, in my opinion, can be turned to whatever he wants.

Having seen Queen with Freddie Mercury, all I can say is bring it on.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

Paul Rogers rules..& most DEFINITELY, so does Queen. like D said, i'm not so sure about Paul singing Queen tunes, but hey, i guesh it's worth a shot!

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I think everyone concerned should be shot, an awful concept. Individually the respective artists are cool but what money hungry idiot thought up that pairing? What next...INXS with Rod Stewart on vocal duties? :-D .
Slaine mac Roth

Ogg wrote:I think everyone concerned should be shot, an awful concept. Individually the respective artists are cool but what money hungry idiot thought up that pairing? What next...INXS with Rod Stewart on vocal duties? :-D .
Apparently the idea came about when Queen were inducted into the UK Hall of Fame. For their performance, Brian, Roger and John asked Paul Rodgers to sing and they enjoyed it so much the idea of the tour took fruit. I don't think money is at the root of it, surely the members of Queen don't need and I think Paul Rodgers will be well off enough due to Alright Now, Feel Like Makin' Love and Can't Get Enough of Your Love.

The impression I get is that the three ex-members of Queen wanted to do some live work together again and, because it would be thought of as a Queen reunion, they decided to call it that.

I think its the same as what happened with Jimmy Page/Robert Plant a while back. The two of them could gat away with using a different name, but, if John Paul Jones had joined them, public opinion would have called it Led Zeppelin.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

The 'money hungry' jibe was directed at the promotors, not the artists themselves. I personally cant get my head around the pairing. In the early days my wife introduced me to 'Free' and I shared my Queen albums with her. I simply cannot imagine them together.
Slaine mac Roth

Actually, I can.

While Paul may not have Freddie's theatrical nature, he is, quite possibly, the greatest British Rock/Blues singer of all time.

Arrangemewnts will have to be changes and the set list will have to be chosen carefully, but he will bring astounding warmth and passion to the music.

Can't you just imagine him letting loose to Stone Cold Crazy, Tie Your Mother Down, We Will Rock You (Live Killers opening version), Hammer to Fall or I Want it All?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I've paid my dues, time after time................ I'm radioactive...? :razz:

I heard it on the local radio station here that I listen to, and they are setting
a tour with Paul and the rest of Queen.
Even they think it is all about the Benjamins!!
This space for rent
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

Meh. seems good enough to me. I think it'll be fine. And you know, it's not always about the money. Most times, but not all the time.

The reunion I want to see is Pink Floyd.

Stop bitchin' and get playin' Roger. geez.
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i think the tour might just be europe? :?

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

I'm not convinced myself...Saw them perform on TV with Paul Rodgers singing for the UK Hall of Fame snoozefest, and IMO it didn't work at all.

I respect Rodgers mightily, and he is one of my favourite singers, but he just didn't do the songs justice at all.

I know that some people turn their nose up at the George Michael idea, but IMO he was the only one who sounded convincing at a Freddie Mercury tribute gig some time ago

Queen (well, Brian and Roger - John Deacon quite sensibly wants no part of it) are in the unfortunate position of losing a member who was quite irreplaceable, and as a result any venture like this will be fraught with difficulties. It's a shame in a way, because there is too much talent there for them not to record or perform, but I don't think it should be as Queen....
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
Slaine mac Roth

I disagree mightily with your comments about George Michael. He may have got the sound right but, as with everything he's ever sung, the emotion just isn't there.
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:I disagree mightily with your comments about George Michael. He may have got the sound right but, as with everything he's ever sung, the emotion just isn't there.
I don't see how songs such as "A different corner" "Careless Whisper" and "Jesus to a Child" could be described as being sung without emotion...

Whether his recorded output is to everyones taste or not, it has to be aknowledged that the man is a stellar talent. I still stand by my opinion that he would do a better job of Queens back catalogue than Rodgers. Of course, it will never happen, as (unlike Rodgers) he is in a position where he does not need the money/publicity that such a tour would bring....
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....