a new Styx cd?

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

shortwavez

a new Styx cd?

Post by shortwavez »

I was shopping at Best Buy yesterday and saw a Styx cd in the new release section. Anyone have it and can recommend it? I used to be big into Styx, but I have to admit I haven't kept up on the news. That's why I was surprised to see it staring back at me in the store. I tried to get more info on it at the site. I found a video for a cover of I am the Walrus, which is on the cd. I also read they added a new studio version of Blue Collar Man to the cd. Sweet!! Not sure if anyone in here is still into Styx....
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Used to be totally into them, but haven't listened in years (hubby hates them). Still think they were awesome as Dennis, JY, Tommy, Chuck, and John. I don't know how they are now, and am TOTALLY bummed that not only has John died, Chuck has AIDS. *sobs*
Onward and Upward!
shortwavez

Post by shortwavez »

yeah...i was reading up on all of that. Very sad to hear! :(
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But Styx goes on.
Onward and Upward!
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

They came here once but with a different singer. It was mentioned somewhere that Dennis wanted to return but they didn't want him but since that was a while back, I don't know if they decided to bring him back again.
I love my Welshman.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

DutchRush e-mailed me last week that he just saw Styx in Holland at a music festival. He hasn't been around since then though to find out how the show was.
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote:Used to be totally into them, but haven't listened in years (hubby hates them). Still think they were awesome as Dennis, JY, Tommy, Chuck, and John. I don't know how they are now, and am TOTALLY bummed that not only has John died, Chuck has AIDS. *sobs*
Didn't know about Chuck. That's too bad.

I heard them on the Bob and Tom radio show pushing their new album, which is all covers (Feedback, anyone?). Anyway, they played "I am the Walrus" and it sounded quite good.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

We have the cd and it's not bad. They did most of the songs justice. The jury is still out on the do-over of Blue Collar Man though. I think it will depend on which mood you are in for which version you will want to listen to.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart