The Eagles

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

The Eagles

Post by Sir Myghin »

It never dawned on me why we never have an Eagles post... The eagles rule, they are one of the best "country" band's i've ever heard. I much enjoy their music, doesn't seem to matter which song it is
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I like the Eagles, but I think I'm just really burnt out on them. If it wasn't for Seven Bridges Road, Peaceful Easy Feeling, or Take It Easy, I probably wouldn't listen to them anymore. The radio stations here play them all the time, and like Tom Sawyer, Stairway To Heaven, etc., there just so many times I can listen to Hotel California. :?
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I agree, By-tor. "Hotel California" seems to be the only song the stations here have in their library! I do like "Already Gone" and "Take It Easy" and I like solo Don Henley.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Oi, what about "The Long Run," "Life in the Fast Lane" (who said they're a "country" band?...they're a rock band that incorporates country elements)...good talented band. "In the City" is one of my favorite rock songs, period.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

they were originally a country band when the founding members made them but they do have some rockers
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Some still classify them as "Southern Rock", right along with Lynyrd Skynyrd, .38 Special, etc.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

aaah rock-a-billy heh, either way they still do a damned good job
New World Man

Post by New World Man »

California scene rock with some country folk influences, especially when Bernie Leadon was in the band. Love a lot of their stuff, The Last Resort, Pretty Maids..., Tequila Sunrise, Lying Eyes, etc...
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.
funky cm

Hotel California

Post by funky cm »

This has been bothering me for a while...

What is a "colita", and what does it smell like?
You Bet Your Life

Post by You Bet Your Life »

I think colita is a hallucinogen. Something like peyote.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Peyote? ugh! Injun want peyote!
Onward and Upward!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

yah, i don't hear anything other than Hotel California, but they play it so rarely i still love it! :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
You Bet Your Life

Post by You Bet Your Life »

Ah, Hotel California. One of my favourite air guitar songs back in Secondary School :-D

Joe Walsh totally rips at that one!