Porcupine Tree .

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

It's a sign I tell you! My somewhat muted return to By-Tor is accompanied by an event of such magnitude...

I have the new Porcupine Tree 'Nil Recurring' four track ep (as of an hour ago) and it's awesome of course :-) .

"Porcupine Tree release a new mini album in September called ?Nil Recurring?. It will feature 4 tracks (just under 30 minutes of music) that were written during the Fear of a Blank Planet sessions, including the title track featuring Robert Fripp on guitar, and ?Cheating the Polygraph?, which was premiered on the 2006 tour, but subsequently left off the Fear of a Blank Planet album"

Full track listing is:

1. Nil Recurring (6.08)
2. Normal (7.07)
3. Cheating the Polygraph (7.06)
4. What Happens Now? (8.23)

Surround sound mixes of the new tracks will be included on the definitive Fear of a Blank Planet 5.1 DVDA edition. This DVDA will also include a special Fear of a Blank Planet introduction short film made by Lasse Hoile, and the video for the title track.

Both the Nil Recurring and Fear of a Blank Planet DVDA will be officially released on 1st October, but the PT Store will be taking pre-orders soon.

:-)

Hairy, catch me and I'll msn them to you bro :-)
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hairy, catch me and I'll msn them to you bro

You betcha D.
This space for rent
rushfanfla

Post by rushfanfla »

In case others have not seen it yet - a pretty hypnotic video for Sleep Together is on the http://fearofablankplanet.com/ site.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Walkinghairball wrote:
Hairy, catch me and I'll msn them to you bro

You betcha D.
Oh yeah I'm liking it. :-D
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

I still don't have a proper review, but let's just say I didn't have to listen to them more than once to really like them. :-D
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Finally! After a few barely adequate boots I've found a decent live recording of the new PT FOAB material and imho it's all the better for it. It's a live radio broadcast from Finland (yes t, 'finns') and it's good.
I know they played the new album live before recording it but the subsequent post release touring has improved the songs a little more :-) . I love the live rendition of my fav FOAB track 'Way Out of Here'...excellent vocal...and the drums on 'Blackest Eyes'... :-D

"Band: Porcupine Tree
Date: July 14th 2007
City: Joensuu, Finland
Venue: Ilosaarirock Festival, YleX Stage

Recorded from: "YleX Live" show from YleX FM on September 13th 2007 by jaanal
Lineage: FM > Sony HI-MD (PCM Mode) > Sonic Stage 4.0.>WAV > FLAC lvl8

Disc 1:
01 - announcer intro [0:25]
02 - Way Out Of Here [7:18]
03 - Sleep Together [7:19]
04 - announcer [0:27]
05 - Blackest Eyes [4:35]
06 - Open Car [4:43]
07 - Trains [4:33]
08 - announcer outro [0:36]

Other notes:
The broadcasted audio was mixed by no other than Steven Wilson himself and I must say that it sounds awesome. Anesthetize was also broadcasted a day before from the same festival, but wasn't included in this broadcast. Note that this is an upgrade without the static during Way Out Of Here or the small skip during Sleep Together that was present in the version previously available..." :-)
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

This band has an absolutely amazing sound!
Porcupine Tree really sets a the bar high and hard to match for any
of today's other prog rock bands. We need more of their kind in music.
Truly innovative riffs and a tight, solid sound!

Ogg, is there a url for
the Finnish broadcasts?
:smt020
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Wendy wrote: Ogg, is there a url for
the Finnish broadcasts?
:smt020
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/sho ... upine+tree
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Thank you Ogg!!! The songs are live! That Finnish voice is so mysterious.
Strange, but I got a couple unexpected extras with that. Some Peter Gabriel, Foo Fighters (doesn't play) and a Final Fantasy piano collection.

Thanks again.

Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Oh the bloody irony!
I've been awaiting several PT boots but us English posties have been on strike havent we?
Anyway, my search for most recent PT shows led me to the excellent 'Traders Den' torrent site and the Finnish radio broadcast but I found an almost perfect boot this morning and yes, you can probably guess...the very same show arrived in the mail this afternoon, sigh. Well, saves me ripping it to my hard drive :-) .

I've never heard such a professional sounding boot and considering it's from saturday's show in NYC, a mere two days ago AND featuring two new tracks from the new ep...oh my Ged! :-)

Info:

PORCUPINE TREE
October 13, 2007
Beacon Theater
NYC, NY

Source: audience
Lineage: Core Sound Binaurals> Edirol r-09> usb> CD Wave Editor> Trader's Little Helper
Taper: pt

DISC ONE
1- What Happens Now
2- Fear of a Blank Planet
3- Sound of Muzak
4- Lazerus
5- Cheating the Polygraph
6- Anethesize
7- Open Car
8- Dark Matter
9- Nil Recurring
10- Smart Kid

DISC TWO
1- Way out of Here
2- Sleep together
3- Blackest Eyes
4- Even Less
5- Halo

I swear I'm sending this your way Hairy Bro :-)
Last edited by Ogg on Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Wendy wrote:Thank you Ogg!!! The songs are live! That Finnish voice is so mysterious.
Strange, but I got a couple unexpected extras with that. Some Peter Gabriel, Foo Fighters (doesn't play) and a Final Fantasy piano collection.

Thanks again.

No Problem :-)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Ogg wrote:Oh the bloody irony!
I've been awaiting several PT boots but us English posties have been on strike havent we?
Anyway, my search for most recent PT shows led me to the excellent 'Traders Den' torrent site and the Finnish radio broadcast but I found an almost perfect boot this morning and yes, you can probably guess...the very same show arrived in the mail this afternoon, sigh. Well, saves me ripping it to my hard drive :-) .

I've never heard such a professional sounding boot and considering it's from saturday's show in NYC, a mere two days ago AND featuring two new tracks from the new ep...oh my Ged! :-)

Info:

PORCUPINE TREE
October 13, 2007
Beacon Theater
NYC, NY

Source: audience
Lineage: Core Sound Binaurals> Edirol r-09> usb> CD Wave Editor> Trader's Little Helper
Taper: pt

DISC ONE
1- What Happens Now
2- Fear of a Blank Planet
3- Sound of Muzak
4- Lazerus
5- Cheating the Polygraph
6- Anethesize
7- Open Car
8- Dark Matter
9- Nil Recurring
10- Smart Kid

DISC TWO
1- Way out of Here
2- Sleep together
3- Blackest Eyes
4- Even Less
5- Halo

I swear I'm sending this your way Hairy Bro :-)
RushFanFL and I were at this show. :cool:

It will be nice to have it as a download.

Thanks, Ogg! :-D
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Ogg wrote:
PV wrote:Oh wow! The show was amazing! :-D Even though it was one of the worst days weather-wise, it was one of the best days ever! The show was filmed for a dvd :cool: but it probably won't be released until next year. :x The highlight for me was hearing my favorite Blackfield song, "Once", played twice! :cool: Now it's on to PT in 50 days! But who's counting. :wink:
You can now watch a 4 minute preview from the forthcoming Blackfield DVD "NYC : Live in New York City" on the Blackfield MySpace page. The DVD will be issued on KScope (through Snapper) in October.

http://www.myspace.com/blackfield

21 July 2007 : Blackfield DVD details ?

The Blackfield DVD recorded at the Bowery Ballroom, NYC on 16th March 2007, is nearing completion and is set for release on 15th October in Europe and 6th November in the USA, through KScope/Snapper. The DVD, entitled "BLACKFIELD:NYC - Live in New York City", includes the whole concert edited by Lasse Hoile, with sound mixed into stereo and 5.1 surround sound by Steven Wilson.

The full track listing for the DVD is:

1. Once
2. Miss U
3. Blackfield
4. Christenings
5. The Hole In Me
6. 1,000 People
7. Pain
8. Glow
9. Thankyou
10. Epidemic
11. Someday
12. Open Mind
13. My Gift of Silence
14. Where is My Love?
15. End of the World
16. Hello
17. Once (encore)
18. Cloudy Now

You're probably interested in this then? :-)
rushfanfla

Post by rushfanfla »

Yes, the NYC PT show was fantastic - happy to hear there's a good sounding boot out there.

PV and I cannot wait until the Blackfield DVD comes out - curious to see if we found our way onto the DVD as the cameras did pan our way at one point. That day was one of the most adventurous we've spent together - we made it through the ice storm, walking 20 blocks to get to the venue.

Thanks again Ogg!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*hopes to find you are on DVD*
Onward and Upward!