Avenged Sevenfold

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

DoctorX

Post by DoctorX »

Iron Maiden are the greatest metal band of all time. Bruce Dickinson is a legend and a genius.
Strength and beauty destined to decay
so cut the rose in full bloom.
Till the fearless come and the act is done
A love like blood
a love like blood

~Killing Joke~
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Nice to hear from metalheads such as myself agreeing to the majesty of the great ones...UP THE IRONS INDEED!! I SEE EDDIE!! RUN TO THE HILLS!!

Hey Ogg....Wondering if you've heard or seen anything of one of my FAVORITE metal bands of all time, and a band that has dropped off of hte face of the earth here in the states...I'm talking about RAVEN!!!!

What ever happened to Wacko and the Gallagher brothers?? huh? what?

I saw them open for W.A.S.P. back in, like, 1990, but NOTHING form them since their one-time video on MTV, then they disappeared...Best damn 3-piece metal outfit since Kings X! WE WANT RAVEN!! WE WANT RAVEN!!

Know whatever happened to them? I'd LOVE to know what they're up to these days...
Don't start none...won't be none.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Oh...before I forget...I saw Bruce Dickinson on one of those VH1 "rockumentaries" the other day (since it's..you know..METAL MONTH! hahaha), and he looked like The Crocodile Hunter....WHATSUPWITDAT???

had the bush hat and everything...crazy man....just crazy...

hahaha
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

CygnusX1 wrote: Hey Ogg....Wondering if you've heard or seen anything of one of my FAVORITE metal bands of all time, and a band that has dropped off of hte face of the earth here in the states...I'm talking about RAVEN!!!!

I saw them open for W.A.S.P. back in, like, 1990, but NOTHING form them since their one-time video on MTV, then they disappeared...Best damn 3-piece metal outfit since Kings X! WE WANT RAVEN!! WE WANT RAVEN!!

Know whatever happened to them? I'd LOVE to know what they're up to these days...
Raven, now there's a blast from the past. I do believe I owned a 7" single once but thats as far as my knowledge goes, sorry Cyg'.
WASP on the other hand were well represented in the Ogg vinyl collection with 'The Last Command' a constant reminder of some craaazy partying way back when.
I have never really expressed how important 'Maiden were to me back in the eighties, second only to Rush I suppose. Both Clive Burr and Nicko McBrain were major influences on my playing at the time and I loved em up to and including 'Seventh Son' but Bruce left and I lost interest.
I have a few Bruce solo albums but the only one I played for any length of time was the 'Skunkworks' offering, that was a goodun imo.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Raven, WASP, Maiden....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh remembering the days of my youth. LOL

Aero tells me she gets interesting responses when people find out she is named after Maiden. Mostly good ones.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Oh Ogg....you're a homeboy of theirs...I'm SO lost now! that sucks! j/k

ah t....Raven would leave you HURTIN' after a show...I mean HURT!!!

And THEN, to have W.A.S.P. take the stage!!! it was BRUTAL MAN... :-D

They were SO loud, SO fast and SO METAL...they were one of the best...fave album: "Live at The Inferno"

you google Raven now, and they show this cheese-filled chick-only vocal group....HARRRRFFF

anyone know how to find out stuff about (the REAL) RAVEN????(and NOT the wrestler either!!! :-D )
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

AS reported on Blabbermouth:

A live video clip of RAVEN performing the song "Mind Over Metal" at the Keep it True festival on November 5, 2005 in Lauda-K?nigshofen, Germany has been posted online at YouTube.com. The clip comes off the "Keep It True V" DVD, which was made available several months ago.

As previously reported, RAVEN have been confirmed for the Minneapolis Mayhem 3 festival, set to take place August 25-26 at the Star Central in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They will also perform at this year's installment of the Bang Your Head!!! festival, which is slated for June 23-24 in Balingen, Germany.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

(((((((thankyou t thankyou t)))))))

you're the best....I'm gonna check it out :headbang:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

No probs, Siggs, when I saw that I knew I had to pass it on to you.

Now, where is my coffee? *looks about* I am administering the yearly standardized testing to my kiddos today and need something to nurse on while I sit here and watch them fill in the little bubbles on their test sheets.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

WELLLLLLLLL......since you were SO sweet....

*hands over some extra sweet french vanilla cuppa*

theryago...!!! woohoo!! mine's exquisite yummyum :-D

oh, and good luck to the kiddies too...may they pass with flying colors! :cool:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

They tend to test out fine. No pass or fail on this test though, just shows what percentile you are in nationally. It is a test our state requires to be done yearly by homeschoolers, or we can take the kids to someone who teaches in the public schools here and have them "evaluated." The law doesn't say what the evaluation would have to be though. LOL I just go the easy route and test them.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I understand, and I don't blame you....these days, it seems if children in public schools can walk and chew gum at the same time, they PASS....

It really chafes my ass when I run into guys I went to high school with--and GRADUATED--That can't even spell...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL! I understand and yet....well....my eldest struggles with spelling. She has a brain, just...
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Avenged Sevenfold drummer dead at 28

updated 3:53 a.m. PT, Tues., Dec . 29, 2009

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. - The drummer with Avenged Sevenfold, a rising force in the heavy metal scene, died on Monday at his home in southern California, the group and authorities said.

James Owen Sullivan, nicknamed "The Rev," appeared to have died of natural causes, Huntington Beach police Lt. John Domingo said. He was 28.

The Orange County coroner's office is investigating the death.

"It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan," the band said on its Web site. "Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother."

Founded in 1999, Avenged Sevenfold won Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2006.

The five-man metalcore band hit No. 4 on the U.S. pop album chart in 2007 with its most recent album, a self-titled release that went on to ship more than 500,000 copies, according to the Recording Industry Association of America.

Sullivan contributed "A Little Piece of Heaven," a tongue-in-cheek, eight-minute paean to necrophilia and mass murder. The band shot an appropriately gruesome videoclip.

Penchant for cocaine
In recent years, Avenged Sevenfold tried to live down its reputation for debauchery. Sullivan, in particular, had raised eyebrows after a 2006 cover story in metal magazine Revolver described his penchant for cocaine and other drugs.

Inspired by such bands as Iron Maiden, Metallica and Guns N' Roses, the quintet built its musical reputation through heavy touring. It played Ozzy Osbourne's annual Ozzfest tour in 2006, and co-headlined a national trek with Buckcherry in 2008 and 2009. It recently announced plans to record a third studio album for Warner Music Group Corp.

This freaking sucks. This guy was a powerhouse drummer. I'm gutted. :( :( :(
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I read about this last night on Twitter and thought of you, Bro.
*hugs*
prayin' for friends, family, and fans
Onward and Upward!