The Led Zeppelin mafia

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

More weirdness. I was there too. Damn, dude. Were we buddies back then? Yeah, I saw every good metal show that came to the Cap Centre. For a few years Rush played 2 and 3 shows in a row there. Saw every one. Did you see the Priest/Maiden show when Maiden had Paul Dianno as a singer? That show was almost as great as the one at Ocean City (Salisbury) center with the same bill.

Here's where to get the video:

http://www.heavymetalparkinglot.com/
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:More weirdness. I was there too. Damn, dude. Were we buddies back then? Yeah, I saw every good metal show that came to the Cap Centre. For a few years Rush played 2 and 3 shows in a row there. Saw every one. Did you see the Priest/Maiden show when Maiden had Paul Dianno as a singer? That show was almost as great as the one at Ocean City (Salisbury) center with the same bill.

Here's where to get the video:

http://www.heavymetalparkinglot.com/
COOLNESS! Yes I saw DiAnno, AND Dickenson with Maiden, but not those tours.

I first saw Rush at Warner Theater in '76 or '77...."Skip day" for us Rushians that day. We cut class at lunch and hung out in DC all afternoon. Good times. Little did we know they would become a MEGAband.
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

15/Out On The Tiles/Moby Dick

Actually by '77 weren't they calling his solo "Over the Top"?

EDIT - Quick check of some sources says 1977 the solo started out with the riff from Out on the Tiles and the solo was called...."Over the Top"

*does the go me dance*
AnalogK

Post by AnalogK »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:YYZ...

YOU ARE THE MAN.

Largo, MD - 3 night stand in '77.....saw night 2....slept in a ditch while hitch-hiking home...good times, bad times :headbang:
Ok, that's weird. I was there as well. This was my third concert ever. First was Kiss in '76 at the Baltimore Civic Center, then Rush at the same venue, then Zep at the Capital Centre in Largo. It was either the first or second night. I remember being bummed that they were there for a third show that I couldn't go to after seeing them the night before.

Here is the set list from that show;

05/25/1977 Landover, Maryland - Capitol Center

1/The Song Remains The Same 2/The Rover (intro)/Sick Again 3/Nobody's Fault But Mine 4/In My Time Of Dying 5/Since I've Been Loving You 6/No Quarter 7/Ten Years Gone 8/The Battle Of Evermore 9/Going To California 10/Black Country Woman 11/Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp 12/White Summer 13/Black Mountain Side 14/Kashmir 15/Out On The Tiles/Moby Dick 16/Guitar Solo/Achilles Last Stand 17/Stairway To Heaven 18/Whole Lotta Love (intro)/Rock And Roll

And a pic of the boot from it;

Small world, Cyg.

Is the boot still available or online anyplace
Rush on! AnalogK....aka "The Count"

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

AnalogK wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:YYZ...

YOU ARE THE MAN.

Largo, MD - 3 night stand in '77.....saw night 2....slept in a ditch while hitch-hiking home...good times, bad times :headbang:
Ok, that's weird. I was there as well. This was my third concert ever. First was Kiss in '76 at the Baltimore Civic Center, then Rush at the same venue, then Zep at the Capital Centre in Largo. It was either the first or second night. I remember being bummed that they were there for a third show that I couldn't go to after seeing them the night before.

Here is the set list from that show;

05/25/1977 Landover, Maryland - Capitol Center

1/The Song Remains The Same 2/The Rover (intro)/Sick Again 3/Nobody's Fault But Mine 4/In My Time Of Dying 5/Since I've Been Loving You 6/No Quarter 7/Ten Years Gone 8/The Battle Of Evermore 9/Going To California 10/Black Country Woman 11/Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp 12/White Summer 13/Black Mountain Side 14/Kashmir 15/Out On The Tiles/Moby Dick 16/Guitar Solo/Achilles Last Stand 17/Stairway To Heaven 18/Whole Lotta Love (intro)/Rock And Roll

And a pic of the boot from it;

Small world, Cyg.

Is the boot still available or online anyplace
Try dime a dozen dot org.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Guido...It's "Fat Man". We got a "job" in Scotland. :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Oi!

I got a contact sending me (for free, as long as I reweed) the Knebworth 79 boot.

Sweet!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:Oi!

I got a contact sending me (for free, as long as I reweed) the Knebworth 79 boot.

Sweet!
*throws horns all up-atcha* :headbang:
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Someone called?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Zepfather...

**does best Paulie imitation**

"I come to you in the utmost of respect.

Some schmendricks have infiltrated a LZ thread and
polluted it with undesirable non-LZ innuendo.

I think we should throw 'em-off-a-freekin-roof is what I
think..." 8)
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Nah, out of a tree and over the head with a shovel works...
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Fantastic Led Zeppelin concert at the Royal Albert Hall in 1970. If you click "pause" on the vid after going to this page, it automatically downloads it to a folder for you. Then you own it, baby :-D Alternatively, if you prefer, after it loads completely you can right-click on the vid screen and "save as" to wherever you like.

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=21212

You'll notice that there are tons of great movies, shows documentaries and concerts on this site, free for play and download.

http://quicksilverscreen.com
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Don't know if I ever posted this anywhere.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/w ... CN2078.flv
This space for rent