Gary Moore

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Gary Moore

Post by schuette »

gonna see him in May...not heard him for years though so I'll have to do a wee bit of research :lol:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

One of my git heroes. He absolutely friggin' RULES.

He took Thin Lizzy to the next level.

Young people should listen to his stuff and get schooled.

he's got his own band now.....done a few albums, but the critics don't give him anywhere NEAR the credit he deserves.

that dude can SMOKE a Les Paul.
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Roger Moore wishes he were Gary Moore. Moore is so much more than more.

I remember the day when the boys were back in town, and there was a jailbreak, boy. those were the days!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Sittin around a campfire singing a cowboy song while drinkin whisky in a jar.............................o :-D
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

'Thunder and Lightning' struck 'cuz 'The Boys are Back in Town'...again.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I saw Gary Moore open up for Krokus and Def Leppard way back in the summer of 1983. He had the joint a jumpin'! I didn't even know he was still around. :oops:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

PV wrote:I saw Gary Moore open up for Krokus and Def Leppard way back in the summer of 1983. He had the joint a jumpin'! I didn't even know he was still around. :oops:
I SAW THAT TOUR!!! Krokus' drummer had to be able to bench press VOLKSWAGENS. That dude was HUMUNGOUS.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

You didn't happen to see them at the Cape Cod Coliseum in Massachusetts, Cyg?? That would be just way too :shock: :shock: :shock: But I do remember the monster arms of the Krokus drummer! Yikes!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

PV wrote:You didn't happen to see them at the Cape Cod Coliseum in Massachusetts, Cyg?? That would be just way too :shock: :shock: :shock: But I do remember the monster arms of the Krokus drummer! Yikes!
Nope....Richmond Colosseum...GENERAL ADMISSION BABY!!! WOOHOO!

Gary Moore was en fuego! He was just-as-good or BETTER than Krokus....In fact, the singer of Krokus (Storace) had the filthiest mouth....he dropped the F-bomb so many times it got sad. But it didn't take away from the overall performance...Moore rocked, Krokus rocked....then the Lepps were the icing-on-the-cake.

OWWWWW!!!! GREAT SHOW. Thanks for reminding me! :cool:
schuette

Post by schuette »

went to see Gary Moore on sunday and it was an excellent gig!

have to admit it's the first time I've seen a 'guitarist' gig instead of a 'band' gig...and wow he was awesome!

couldnt really say what songs he did apart from Still In Love With You and Parisienne Walkways so at least I could sing along to 2 of his songs :lol:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sounds like you enjoyed it, Schu!
Onward and Upward!