Nightwish

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Nope, homework. Kiddo is reading to us.
:-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*sits on couch*

*listens intently*
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

The book is, Totally Talented Pets. :-D 28 pages, with pictures too. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*Jumps up*

I wanna see the pics!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Silly.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, got my pics in my SmugMug so I will post some of them here.

The boys before the show. Can you tell I made them let me take a picture? LOL!

The new singer, Annette. She was so passionate about her work and interacted quite well with the audience.

Dusti and I. She wouldn't let me take a serious picture with her.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Tuomas, the man behind Nightwish. He really got into his playing and was a blast to watch!

Dusti bought a camera just for the evening.

My favorite member of the band, Marco. He's their bassist and also does vocals providing some killer duets with Annette.

The night was great! Doors were supposed to open at 8pm and we arrived just before 7:00. I left Bear in line and the other kids and I went across the street to Subway for sandwiches. While we were there, our church's music minister/youth leader showed up with his brother and they joined Bear in line.

The club opened late and I thought the show would be late because of that, but it was on time. Promptly at 9pm the opening act, Paradise Lost, went on. They played for an hour and by the time they were done, the club, which was sold out, was packed. I would've gone into the beer garden where the view was better, but I had Dovey there and wasn't about to leave her alone all night. We stayed mostly toward the back only venturing in closer occasionally. Our friends and the boys all went up front, but even the boys came out back near the end of the show. They wanted a break from all the pressing the crowd was doing.

Paradise Lost was okay, but none of us liked them enough to want a CD.

Nightwish delivered, though! The band members were active and you could tell they really had fun playing live. They played a good deal of material from the new album, but we heard some of our favorites off the last album as well.

They played with the audience a bit, too. Marco and Annette told us that they were going to play their last song of the night and that if we wanted more we would have to show them we wanted more. Then they launched into one of their biggest hits which of course go the crowd going wild. They went off the stage but came back for multiple encores.

We were all at the back of the club at the end so we ducked out as soon as the house lights came up. The show ended at 12:20am and we got to bed at 3:15. But it was worth it! :-D \m/
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Cool. I wonder how he geds his goatee to twist like that?
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

He's braided it in the past. I dunno how he did that, though.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

What happened to Dusti's fingers?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

She got glitter glue pens for her birthday. She had me put an abbreviation of Nightwish on one set of fingers and "Marco" on the other set.
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Cool Review. The bassist has an excellent set of pipes WHEN paired in contrast to the female lead style nightwish likes to employ (like wish I had an angel etc). Wouldn't recommend venturing into his solo stuff though, he's nothing special alone, as I said, its all about the contrast :D
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Cool Nightwish show. Great way to
spend Halloween out with the kids
putting on scary faces and enjoying a good show.
Only 285 pics? More more more!!!
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I like Marco's voice, and I've wanted to get some of his Tarot stuff. I, though, like his voice when solo, but I do agree that he and Traja have done some awesome duets!

Yes, 285 pics but I only put a few here. I was in the back of the club and it was hard to snap a pic at just the right time when fans hands were not in the way, the musician was facing the right way, all that, so I set my camera to just snap snap snap snap pics and would follow a musician around with the lens pointing at him and so I got a ton. I deleted all the fuzzy ones and ones I couldn't see any musician in because there were too many fans in the way, but still had 285. Most are quite similar though being shot right after the other, but when I scroll though the pics it is kinda like one of those books where you draw a scene on one page, make a small change for the next page and on and on until you have a mini-movie! lol
Onward and Upward!
VampireElf

Post by VampireElf »

Nightwish is awesome

Was so happy to see them, they put on a good show.

And I just got a beta fish and named it Tuomas.
Calvin says "Smile"!