LED ZEPPELIN REUNION GIG!!

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Jason Bonham is ditchin the Foreigner gig to play drums for the reunion gig too!!!!!

How almost perfect is that. I mean, when Phil Collins and (crap the other guy I forget who), did the gigs for Zep in the 80's that was cool too, but Jason.............cool.
Jason stole Dad's notebooks, cuz he's a spittin' image of Bonzo.

The 'Bonham' album sounded so LZ "In Through the Out Door" it made
me look twice.
:?

Youll have to explain that one...because ITTOD is my fav, and I don't hear the parallel at all...
The one tune on Bonham (lemme find the name) sounds so much like ITTOD...

Bonham's "Wait for You" from "Disregard of Timekeeping"

TELL ME it doesn't sound like Zep's album ITTOD!!
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Jason Bonham is ditchin the Foreigner gig to play drums for the reunion gig too!!!!!

How almost perfect is that. I mean, when Phil Collins and (crap the other guy I forget who), did the gigs for Zep in the 80's that was cool too, but Jason.............cool.
Jason stole Dad's notebooks, cuz he's a spittin' image of Bonzo.

The 'Bonham' album sounded so LZ "In Through the Out Door" it made
me look twice.
:?

Youll have to explain that one...because ITTOD is my fav, and I don't hear the parallel at all...
The one tune on Bonham (lemme find the name) sounds so much like ITTOD...

Bonham's "Wait for You" from "Disregard of Timekeeping"

TELL ME it doesn't sound like Zep's album ITTOD!!
OK I'll listen tonight. :cool:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Okay Bro.... I swear it's so similar it's scary.

I figured SOMEONE here at BT woulda heard it and agreed already...

It's been out there for years. :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
It's been out there for years. :-D
I know it was on the CD player my buddy had in his truck, we used to blast it going anywhere we went.

I never picked up on it.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

More On LEdZEp
http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/in ... 33237.html
Zeppelin to Reunite

Wed Sep 12, 11:59 AM
Zeppelin to Reunite, One Night Only

Time to get the Led out, one more time.

The surviving members of Led Zeppelin said Wednesday that they would reunite for a one-off comeback

concert in memory of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones will perform together for the first time in 19 years on

Nov. 26 at London's O2 Arena, promoters said. John Bonham's son, Jason, will sit in for his late father

on the drums.

"During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord," Plant said.

"For us, he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and conspirator. This performance stands

alone as our tribute to the work and the life of our long standing friend."

Ertegun, who signed the legendary rock band to Atlantic in 1968, died in December at age 83 after

falling backstage at a Rolling Stones concert and hitting his head.

In addition to Zeppelin, Pete Townshend, Foreigner, Bill Wyman and Paolo Nutini will perform at the

event, which will raise money for the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund, a charity founded by the music mogul

that provides students with scholarships to universities in the U.S., U.K. and Turkey.

Led Zeppelin broke up after Bonham's death in 1980, with the band members agreeing there was no way to

replace the drummer.

"We wish it to be known that the loss of our dear friend and the deep sense of undivided harmony felt by

ourselves and our manager, have led us to decide that we could not continue as we were," the band said

in a statement at the time.

After disbanding, the members of Zeppelin briefly reunited for a performance at 1985's Live Aid concert

in Philadelphia and again in 1988 for Atlantic Records' 40th Anniversary concert, where they were joined

by Jason Bonham on drums.

In 1994, Plant and Page teamed up for a hugely successful world tour and subsequently produced a joint

live album dubbed Live Quarter. The twosome's decision to work together created tension with John Paul

Jones, who was reportedly miffed he was not consulted about the trek ahead of time.

The strained relations between Jones, Page and Plant were evident the following year when the band was

inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, where Jones created an awkward moment by joking, "Thank

you, my friends, for finally remembering my phone number."

Despite inner tensions, rumors about a possible reunion tour have been circulating for years, with

speculation heating up again this summer, despite Plant denying as recently as June that such an event

would take place.

The singer more or less spoke the truth--there will be no stadium tour, as many had hoped, simply a

one-off performance in honor of a departed friend.

The November concert date comes on the heels of the band's scheduled release of the compilation album

Mothership on Nov. 13?the first Zeppelin album to be made available for digital download.

Zeppelin will also release a reissue of the soundtrack to This Song Remains the Same, accompanied by a

new DVD, on Nov. 20.
Last edited by Wendy on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

YYZ30, I stand corrected...but Chester Thompson still kicks major but!! :)
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:Chester Thompson still kicks major but!! :)
most underrated drummer in existence.

Well, he and Prairie Prince formerly of the Tubes (and now The New Cars)....

Chester carried Genesis for years.

I remembered when he played those sonotube drums...

they still make those? :shock: :?
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:YYZ30, I stand corrected...but Chester Thompson still kicks major but!! :)
Agreed :cool:

(Tony is one of my favorite drummers, thats how I knew)
Last edited by YYZ30 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:Chester Thompson still kicks major but!! :)
most underrated drummer in existence.

Well, he and Prairie Prince formerly of the Tubes (and now The New Cars)....

Chester carried Genesis for years.

I remembered when he played those sonotube drums...

they still make those? :shock: :?
I read somewhere they do...let me see ifin I can find the link...

(And you were right about Disregard for Timekeeping- I never picked up on it sounding like ITTOD)
schuette

Post by schuette »

love the way your gonna on about the gig cyg...and the fact people have mentioned prices in $...hate to be the killjoy here but none of you are gonna see them :lol:

dont worry neither am I cuz although I'd love to see them I cant afford the ticket or the price down to London plus accomodation :(

I am gonna see the Foo's again though which in my eyes is better than seeing Led Zep :-D

waiting for the shoot down now :lol:
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell I would hop in a car and drive there if I could. Sleep in my car, (how's that for accomodations). I know I could do it, heck, it's closer from you to London than I drove to t's place. It's gotta be. :-D
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

just over 400 miles...too much to do when kids birthdays and Christmas is coming up...
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

schuette wrote:
I am gonna see the Foo's again though which in my eyes is better than seeing Led Zep :-D
Ooooooh, a Foo fan, I can ask you!

Was that Josh Homme I saw drumming for the Foo's on the VMA's on MTV the other night, I saw a still and couldn't quite make him out...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

schuette wrote:just over 400 miles...too much to do when kids birthdays and Christmas is coming up...

Oh yes you can!!!
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

YYZ30 wrote:
schuette wrote:
Ooooooh, a Foo fan, I can ask you!

Was that Josh Homme I saw drumming for the Foo's on the VMA's on MTV the other night, I saw a still and couldn't quite make him out...
Wasn't Taylor Hawkins the Foo drummer?
This space for rent