By-torian's original music and recordings

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote: I have an older Yamaha digital four-track machine (records to mini-disc). I still use it and love it because the mixer is analog. I get to twist knobs and slide faders to mix, instead of working my way through menus. :)
Dig it. Sometimes old dogs (pardon the pun) don't need to be taught
new tricks!

nothing wrong with older equipment either Elf....if it still works....it STILL WORKS! :headbang:

Rock on Elf.
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
awip2062 wrote: I say keep working, guys, and keep making us all look good! :-D
Ok, then. I feel compelled to oblige :-D

Dedicated to one little lady.

http://www.mediamax.com/johnsongs/Hoste ... _clock.mp3

Atomic Clock
*is honored*

Thank you! That rocks! \m/

I was just wondering, BBO, have you ever listened to a band called Rush? There is much in this song (not to mention some of the others) that reminds me of Rush, yet it isn't like a rip-off, but rather an influence heard. Even in the lyrics, the philosophical bent, the questioning.

:D
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I still need to check that one out. Hopefully I can at home tonight.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And the Elvis stuff too. That doesn't sound like Rush, but it's good listening!
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

BBO, ripped through your tracks, right up my alley, great stuff all around. Especially liked atomic clock, has a nice space metal feel to it, kind of reminds me of Ayreon.

Ogg, excellent drumwork, and good guitarwork, the singing is not for me unfortunately. Keep up the good work hope your band gets what it needs to done. Having a splitting headache and being dizzy didn't really help with the pounding bass drum though.

Elf , only listened to your waterfall song, its neat , i fear you don't give yourself nearly enough credit as a player though.

I am envious of you folks as I cannot put together a song nearly half the calibre of anything here on my own. Albeit i still takes runs at it, maybe my band will have some polished tracks in the very near future.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

For anyone who might have missed this from a different thread, here is a gander of a few of the things I'm doing the now.

http://www.mp3music4me.com/members/28/audio.php

And here also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8g0jFtbT08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DSEnbPr2-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sqV4r6_siw

Just don't throw 'maters. :-)

All fixed. :-D
Last edited by Walkinghairball on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I don't think that youtube link is right... :)
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

ElfDude wrote:I don't think that youtube link is right... :)
It wasn't, so I fixed it, go look now. :-D
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Walkinghairball wrote:
ElfDude wrote:I don't think that youtube link is right... :)
It wasn't, so I fixed it, go look now. :-D
I just watched alla them recently. Even left a comment if I remember correctly!
Walkinghairball

Yes you did, and thank you. :-D
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
awip2062 wrote: I say keep working, guys, and keep making us all look good! :-D
Ok, then. I feel compelled to oblige :-D

Dedicated to one little lady.

http://www.mediamax.com/johnsongs/Hoste ... _clock.mp3

Atomic Clock
*is honored*

Thank you! That rocks! \m/

I was just wondering, BBO, have you ever listened to a band called Rush? There is much in this song (not to mention some of the others) that reminds me of Rush, yet it isn't like a rip-off, but rather an influence heard. Even in the lyrics, the philosophical bent, the questioning.

:D
Finally heard it. And I agree that there is a little Rush influence in there. But there's other stuff as well. For one brief moment I was reminded of The Who, but that passed quickly.

I'm impressed with how well you record a drum kit. I've never been able to do that well. Of course, I've only ever had the opportunity with some very cheap mics.

Anyway, you did a great jorb there!!!
For more info on jorb...
http://www.homestarrunner.com/cantsayjob.html
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

D'you say "warsh" too?
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Myghin, Sir...thank you for getting an earful. I'm glad you likey. :-)

Awip, sis...I have heard of this Rush you speak of. I'm not much for politics, though. :-D

Leeeeon! Thank you for another MP3 player song for the By-torian folder. Mystery is a deep, emotional masterpiece. I can't understand how you get such a great mix in a place called Russ's basement (was it supposed to be Rush's basement? :-D ) but it's crisp and clear and you can hear every instrument in the tune. Your singer is really good! It's all good. I rated it a 5 out of 5. Record some more, bro! The videos were fun. I swear I'm gonna make it to a gig some day. Watch out, though. You and I are going to do some drinkin'!
Last edited by Big Blue Owl on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walkinghairball

Russ's Basement is our bass players place. We have a 20 X 15 area to play in and a 10 X 12 room with all the PC gear and old mixer. Unfortunately we use our road gear for the recording also.

He will be pleased that you like the rough mix. I am also hoping he will release the other tune we have in the can called "I Can't Wait." It is a cookin and bookin kinna diddy. :-D
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I'm breaking the rules at work as I type this (downloaded an mp3 for my pleasure) and am listening to Recess at the moment. I love instrumentals, and this one is just TOO COOL! Way to go BBO!

Now we have segued (sp?) into Only at Night. I really feel like I'm listening to an old Ozzy album here. Great job (especially for a 17 year-old)! Hey... where'd that cow come from?

If we all lived in the same area and BBO and Leon formed a band, I'd probably ask if I could play bass. :-D Or maybe keyboards.