By-torian's original music and recordings

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

By-torian's original music and recordings

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I couldn't find another thread to put new original music, so I started this one. Anyone with original stuff or recordings of gigs, sessions or whatever, please post here!
Last edited by Big Blue Owl on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

*bursts into applause*

Very nice power ballad, bro!!!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

ElfDude wrote:*bursts into applause*
*STANDS ON CHAIR and bursts into applause with far greater gusto than Elfie* :-)

That's you on vocals AND geetar BBroO?
Man, you'll have to sing on something for me asap. Truly impressed here.

Right...personally I thought it should have remained acoustic throughout. I've said it before but I do get an 'Alice In Chains' vibe from your acoustic geetar and that's cool with me. Not dissin the drummers tight playing but I'd love to have a go at the power chorus thing without relying on the 'classic rawk power ballad tempo'...that renders the tune a little too formulaic imho. A little alternate timing would add shine this baby. Love the bass sound/solo at the end. Well done.

Now...let's get on this shall we. We/I now record on a Boss digital four track that easily transfers from the memory card to computer. Can I send you an instrumental for you to add vocals Bro?

I'll attempt hosting something asap.

Good stuff BBroO \M/
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Without taking anything away from BBO's offering (as if) I hope the following link works

http://www.mediafire.com/?9cuismyl01z \m/

This a mere 2mb mp3 demo of our latest work in progress entitled 'Release'. Recorded live on the Boss micro digital four track, unmixed and as raw as a raw thing. The vocals are too quiet but the energy is there I'm thinking. We intend to nail the backing geetar and drums and add vocals bass and mixing after...interesting.
Nowhere near the standard of my BBroO's meanderings and Hairy's band would kill us at a glance :-) I just love the energy and dare I say a little fourty-something angst maybe present? Although Dan says there are far too many cymbals :-D
Thanks for your time.

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?9cuismyl01z"> ... smyl01z</a>
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Yep, just played your song five times in a row on repeat...awesome!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Aw, geez, guys. I didn't expect anyone to actually like it very much, but I surely appreciate your positive comments.

Oggman, I'd consider it an honor and an honour to collaborate with you on any tune. The method you suggest is ideal. I'll record it onto two tracks and submit it back to you with vocals where there was none :D That sounds like a lot of fun, as a matter of fact. Let me know when the tracks are ready.

Hey, Release is very cool. The 40-something angst truly comes through, and the guitar and drums interlock perfectly. Who is that singing? Yer right, the vocals are a bit buried, but hey, that's a job for a later mixdown. Killer!
Yep, just played your song five times in a row on repeat....awesome!
Really? Dag, man, thanks again :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Holy oh my Ged! :shock:

That is REALLY good! You gotta finish that up and then do about nine more and then you know what to do!

A by-torian colaboration has begun! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

awip2062 wrote:Holy oh my Ged! :shock:

That is REALLY good! You gotta finish that up and then do about nine more and then you know what to do!

A by-torian colaboration has begun! :-D
That's all well and good dearest t but what of the songs BBO and I hosted ye ken?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I was talking about the one BBO posted, and am getting the one you posted ready to play. My machine isn't as fast as some, so I have to take them a bit slowly. hehe

Patience, my dear English friend, patience.
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Big Blue Owl wrote: Who is that singing? Yer right, the vocals are a bit buried, but hey, that's a job for a later mixdown. Killer!
:-)
Thats my best chum, fellow postie guitar/vocals/song writer Dan. We have various bassists that pop in from time to time for serious recording. .It's usually just Dan and myself, two or three times a week...smoking bud and jamming/writing for four hours. Sometimes we'll dig out the acoustic and bongos but mostly it's about living out one's rockstar fantasies on a regular basis, wait til you see my somewhat improved kit!. We've been at this for eight years now and quite often come up with some cool stuff...keeps us occupied as well as sane and that's the main thing :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Bravo, Husk, Bravo! =D> Yes, you all should work together develop your songs, def! :-D
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Okay guys... how do I get Ogg's song to play?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I clicked on his link, then I clicked on "Click here to start download."
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

When I do that it tells me that my ID is invalid or something...
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Not sure how to remedy that, Elf. It didn't do that to me.

BTW, I suggest to everybody to check out www.mediamax.com
They give you 25 gigs of space for free for any kind of file storage and sharing. It's completely free and easy to use.