By-torian's original music and recordings

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Wow! :D

Man Owlie that was very well done. I love the fretless bass. Is that drum machine or the real deal?

It is all very well and complimentary to the big pic. Love it. I can't wait to get my PC running at home to play it for Marn. She will love it too. :-D :D :-D :D :-D :D
Last edited by Walkinghairball on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

I am having the same problems getting Ogg's tunes to play here also.

Dangit!!!!! :x
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Walkinghairball wrote: Is that a drum machine or the real deal?
:D
You may be right there Bro...and I didnae notice! :-)

Anyway, dunno what the problem was but here's another link or two from another hosting site.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1294493

Husk_Release_demo.mp3 - Hosted on SaveFile.com

<a href="http://savefile.com/files/1294493">Husk ... e_demo.mp3 - Hosted on SaveFile.com</a>
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Since we're sharing, here's an instrumental piece of mine from ages ago. Do the right-click save as thing on this link like you did for BBO's.

http://matt.purescience.com/tunes/The_W ... Newman.mp3
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That is just beautiful, Elf. It actually made me think "waterfall" as I listened.

Beautiful.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

ElfDude wrote:Since we're sharing, here's an instrumental piece of mine from ages ago. Do the right-click save as thing on this link like you did for BBO's.

WHy on earth do I bother posting my own stuff when y'all shine so...
Elfie...what can I say...jaw dropping...*thud* Re-spect. For the record, when was this recorded?

Since we're hosting all sorts of stuff the now ( boy do I hope this works), here's a rather rare find courtesy of a brief xmas visit from an old guitarist chum Dorian.
This eclectic track was recorded on a cassette four track back in '95(!) My good drummer friend Daniel (who now lives in Tazmania) and Dorian on guitars and myself on multi-tracked congas...and a cool didgeridoo sample free of charge :-)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1294719

Can you let me know if the other link is working?

It's so cool that this board features so much talent and creativity. Me? I just love playing I guess and still thrive on the buzz as much as ever. It's easy having the mental age of a fourteen year old in a fourty year old (albeit tightly honed) body...this enables hours of grinning when I think of my improved kit. I have new Zildjan 13" hats and 6" 8" and 10" rototoms to play with now. This is as close to Mr Peart a teenage Ogg could only have dreamed about. Apart from having to shorten the protruding hat rod I feel complete :-) I think the pic sums up my year.

Happy New Year!

:-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oy! I wanna hear the new songs posted here but I cannae until E gets done with his practice.

Ah well, soon he will leave for a concert (to watch, not play) and then I will have a quiet home. lol

Then those tracks are MINE!

:evil:
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Did anyone manage to get the other link to work? I tried it on several friends computers and it's fine. The link takes you to another page and a five second wait... :-)
Walkinghairball

I got the new one posted with Dorian to work.....................I likie!!!

First thought was of the movie Apocalypse Now, but no, that was in a jungle. The digeri doo is an Australian instrument. Then I thought of a thing Neil said in his AWIP video...............Caravan of camels, and with the windows visualization thinger it is very "Trippy".

Good stuff there bro.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

ElfDude wrote:Since we're sharing, here's an instrumental piece of mine from ages ago. Do the right-click save as thing on this link like you did for BBO's.

Got it to work for me!!!!!!!!! :-D

I think I'm getting better with this stuff finally.

I agree with Owlie, Waterfall is the perfect name for this song. Very cool especially with the dynamic crashings of water. Sweet. :-D
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Listening to the Daniel_Dorian_Darren one right now and am enjoying it! It's a good thing that one worked or you'd be in deep didgeri doo!!! :-D
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

ElfDude wrote:Listening to the Daniel_Dorian_Darren one right now and am enjoying it! It's a good thing that one worked or you'd be in deep didgeri doo!!! :-D
Thanks Elfie, thought it was something a little different to our usual full on stuff. I dont think it's aged all that badly considering it's twelve years old.
Did u get to hear the original 'Husk' track after all?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Ogg wrote:
Did u get to hear the original 'Husk' track after all?
Nope. That site just doesn't want to cooperate with me. Sorry.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Here, I'll share one more. The title track to my kids album, Homework Blues
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I like that one! It isn't my favorite, though.
Onward and Upward!