KISS - Carrying On Into The Future With All-New Members

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

KISS - Carrying On Into The Future With All-New Members

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Roy Hilmar Svendsen of Norway's NRK reports that KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has confirmed what has been some fans' biggest fear for some years now ? that KISS are indeed planning to keep KISS running and touring after founders Paul Stanley and Simmons decide to take off the make-up for good.

During a familiar rant by Simmons about how KISS could go on forever, Svendsen asked jokingly if the band would consider looking for replacements for Simmons and Stanley in a TV show, similar to programs like "Rock Star" and "American Idol".

"We have already signed the contract, and it is going to go through in a couple of months," Simmons reportedly replied.

Really?

"Yes, of course!" he confirmed.

In a separate interview, KISS co-founder Paul Stanley was reportedly not very happy to hear about his bandmate's statement regarding KISS' future.

"These things are typical," Stanley said. "Gene says something as if it was a fact, but there is no signed deal. The future has many possibilities. Will it happen next week? No! Am I opposed to the idea? Of course not."

According to NRK, Stanley said that the members of VELVET REVOLVER were planning a similar stunt to find the replacement for lead singer Scott Weiland, who was fired at the end of the band's European tour earlier this year. However, in the end the band decided not to do it, according to Stanley, because of VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash's wish to remain "cool" and credible to his fans.

"I don't have to be that cool," Stanley told NRK with a smile.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.5856841

Here's a vid of when I loved Kiss. They performed on The Mike Douglass Show in 1974. Gene was interviewed prior to the performance :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dWcB5zbV-A
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Dude, KISS without any original members? :shock:
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

You should read some of the comments on Blabbermouth. Brutal!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=98149
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I love the band, but not for eternity.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

KISS in the year 3000!

Think about it.

On second thought, nah.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

A few years back I saw Rick Wakeman say that he believed there'd be YES long after he was dead and buried...

Why not KISS?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Well with as much as I love the band Kiss, I think it boils down to this, in regards to Elf's last post.

There is a HUGE difference between marketing genius, and musical genius.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote: There is a HUGE difference between marketing genius, and musical genius.
True dat!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:Well with as much as I love the band Kiss, I think it boils down to this, in regards to Elf's last post.

Gene simmons awful excuse for a bass solo is proof of that , man that solo is terrible. Why did thye even let him have a bass solo, especially when it was easily played by 5 year olds :P
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Sir Myghin wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Well with as much as I love the band Kiss, I think it boils down to this, in regards to Elf's last post.

Gene simmons awful excuse for a bass solo is proof of that , man that solo is terrible. Why did thye even let him have a bass solo, especially when it was easily played by 5 year olds :P
Because he be in charge!
Walkinghairball

Gene is a song writer first, bass player last. Just like Nikki Sixx. That can't be taken away from either of them.
This space for rent
exit

Post by exit »

Kiss are a band i've never rated as musician's suppose 'live' they must put on a great show.One of my best mates was a great fan and tried to get me into them, but i thought the songs were really poor.
Walkinghairball

I have seen them with and without the make-up. Great live show.
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

My first concert (Alzheimers makes me repeat myself) was Kiss in '76. Freaking MAGIC to a 15 year old. 5th row, bombs, costumes, fire, loud hard rock and my first waft of weed smoke. Now THAT was Kiss.

Still, in the future, there may be some kind of re-born magic for a new generation. Maybe the musicians will actually be very talented, kinda like a musical evolution.

So shoot me. I'm actually trying to look at the bright side for a change :-D

Black Diamond live 1976
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1tITXeu3SY
Walkinghairball

Big Blue Owl wrote:My first concert (Alzheimers makes me repeat myself) was Kiss in '76. Freaking MAGIC to a 15 year old. 5th row, bombs, costumes, fire, loud hard rock and my first waft of weed smoke. Now THAT was Kiss.

Still, in the future, there may be some kind of re-born magic for a new generation. Maybe the musicians will actually be very talented, kinda like a musical evolution.

So shoot me. I'm actually trying to look at the bright side for a change :-D

Black Diamond live 1976
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1tITXeu3SY
I see yer point.

But it just kills me to see Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer in Peter and Ace's makeup. And yes, they bury both as musicians.
This space for rent